Spring Street Blues 11-5-14

Monday 10-27-14

4:29 p.m., Bernhard Music Center: Music Department staff called Security about a television that was abandoned in the north entrance in front of the fire alarm annunciator panel. They had no information about the TV. Security made several emails and phone calls about the TV.

Wednesday 10-29-14

3:50 p.m., Carter: An officer reported a strong odor of marijuana and determined that the odor was coming from a student room. The officer called the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) to report the drug paraphernalia.

9:42 p.m., Hopkins Hall Drive: An officer met with a student about an injury he received in a bicycle accident around 8:15 p.m. The student chose to wait until the next morning to seek treatment at the Health Center.

10:00 p.m. Hopkins Hall: Officers assisted a student with an injured ankle.

Thursday 10-30-14

12:19 a.m., Prospect : Officers received a tip line submission about students smoking marijuana outside Prospect. Officers did a complete walk through of Prospect exterior and interior and were not able to determine the source.

5:17 p.m., Lawrence Hall Drive: Security received a report of a motor vehicle and bicycle accident. Officers identified the owner of the vehicle using the plate number and a description, and WPD responded.

11:48 p.m., Currier Ballroom: Officers received a noise compliant and found 40 students in the ballroom with two Beirut tables set up. The students agreed to clean up the Beirut and turned down the music.

Friday 10-31-14

1:45 a.m., Dodd House: Officers received a tip line noise complaint. Officers found one student in the first floor lounge playing the piano. He was informed him of the noise complaint and went to his room.

8:03 p.m., Old Observatory: Security activated 911 for a student having a possible allergic reaction after being stung several times by a bee. Village Ambulance arrived and evaluated the student. Members of the Village Ambulance staff attended to the student, but did not transport the student to the hospital.

11:09 p.m., Paresky Center: Officers called 911 for an intoxicated student. The student was transported to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North.

11:23 p.m., Weston Field: Officers requested several people leave the field. The people ignored the requests and all officers responded.

11:40 p.m., Paresky Center: WPD responded to a call about marijuana at Paresky. WPD confiscated the marijuana and drug paraphernalia and gave the student a $100.00 citation.

11:58 p.m., Mission Park: The panel indicated an activated smoke detector on Armstrong 2nd floor. Officers arrived to find a slight haze in the room and just outside in the hallway. There was a strong odor of hair products in the room and a hair dryer was on the floor. The resident confirmed that she had been using her hair dryer and had set off the alarm.

Saturday 11-1-14

12:30 a.m. Science Quad: Officers called 911 for an intoxicated individual in need of assistance outside of the physics building. Village Ambulance transported the student to BMC South.

1:23 a.m. Hubbell House: Officers received a report of people on the roof.

2:21 a.m. Weston Field: Officers responded to a report of activity on the field. Four football alums had attempted to “test out” the new field and were asked to depart the area, which they did without incident.

3:00 p.m. Grundy Court: Officers responded to off-campus housing at 13 Grundy Court for an intoxicated person in need of assistance. The officers activated 911 activated and Village Ambulance responded. No transport was necessary.

4:50 p.m. Chandler Gym: Officers received a report of three high-school-aged males refusing to leave the gym and giving staff a difficult time. Officers responded to assist.