Spring Street Blues 10-29-14

Monday 10-20-14

10:14 a.m., Williams Hall second floor bathroom: The Office of Safety and Environmental Compliance contacted Security concerning a biohazard bag found in the bathroom by a custodian. The bag was double sealed and taken by S&EC to dispose of properly.

4:31 p.m., Hopkins Hall: A stolen bicycle reported taken from the bike rack outside of Gladden House on 10-18-14. A report was filled out and a copy was faxed to the Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

Tuesday 10-21-14

12:35 a.m., Fayerweather:  A noise complaint was received. Officers spoke with residents concerning the complaint.

7:30 a.m., Mission Park Drive: While patrolling an officer observed a vehicle on Mission Park Drive that Security has been on the lookout for driving on campus sidewalks.  The driver delivers The Wall Street Journal. The officer spoke with and identified the driver. The driver indicated that he would be less than cooperative with College rules concerning driving on campus. Action will be determined by future compliance/non-compliance.

2:26 p.m., Thompson Biology: An officer responded to a report of two suspicious people in biology on the 2nd floor. The officer found the two males fitting the description exiting Bronfman Science Center. They were not affiliated with the college. They were there to solicit the buying of textbooks from College personnel. They were advised that College policy does not allow soliciting of this sort without college authorization. WPD was contacted as there have been several thefts of texts from the science buildings in the recent past. An investigation followed, in which Security spoke with many people inside the Science Center about their contact with these men. The two individuals were verbally posted from campus by Security and the WPD Officer. WPD will hold onto the books until the investigation is completed and ownership is proven.

4:02 p.m., Paresky Center Chaplain’s Office: Panic alarm activated. Officers responded and verified everything was okay. It was an accidental activation.

4:10 p.m., Bryant House, A entry first floor common room: A broken window was reported. The damage was documented and statements taken. A carpenter was called in to repair.

9:55 p.m., Paresky: An iPod Nano was reported stolen from inside Whitman’s. Officer faxed the stolen article report to WPD.

Wednesday 10-22-14

12:13 a.m., Dodd House: A noise complaint was recieved. Officers responded and residents were advised of the complaint.

8:56 a.m., Clark Hall:  A student came into Security to report the theft of a Chemistry textbook valued at $400.00. A theft report was taken and faxed to WPD.

Thursday 10-23-14

12:13 p.m., Lawrence Drive: Officers responded for a report of an odor of gas. No odor was detected, but WPD was asked to notify Berkshire Gas of the complaint. WPD also notified the Williamstown Fire Department to investigate.

4:25 p.m., ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: A student was reported with a hand injury. Officers assisted and asked for an ambulance to respond. EMTs attended to a small laceration but determined a trip to the emergency room was not necessary. The On Call Custodian was contacted for bio-hazard cleanup. A Personal Accident Injury Form was completed.

Friday 10-24-14

6:32 a.m., Stetson/Sawyer Library 3rd floor stack circulation desk: A panic alarm was accidentally activated.

7:14 a.m., Mission Park Pool Room Gallery: A broken window was reported. Damage was documented and architectural tradesmen responded for repair.

3:00 p.m., Stetson/Sawyer Library: a bike reported stolen. A Stolen Article Report was filled out and faxed to WPD.

Saturday 10-25-14

12:24 a.m., Williams Hall: A noise complaint was reported. A group listening to very loud music was found and advised of the complaint. The music was turned off for the night.

12:38 a.m., Paresky ’82 Grill: Security received a call concerning the well being of an intoxicated student. Officers responded. While speaking with the student, she became increasing ill and began vomiting. 911 was activated and the student was transported via Village Ambulance to BMC North.

1:44 a.m., Area surrounding Dodd House: Security received a report of a suspicious person. The suspicious male was reportedly wearing a black pea coat, a black backpack and blue jeans. This person was last seen running away from Dodd in the direction of Mission/Poker Flats. The areas surrounding Dodd, Tyler, Poker Flats, Cole Field/House and Mission Park were canvassed and nobody fitting that description was seen.

5:00 p.m., Poker Flats: A fire alarm was set off by a hair dryer. The system was silenced and reset.

Sunday 10-26-14

1:18 a.m., Paresky ’82 Grill: Officers responded to a report of a student causing a disturbance. Officers spoke with the student who was only venting frustration at no one in particular while in the men’s room.  There were no further issues.

2:52 a.m., Carter House: A student potentially in need of medical assistance was reported. Officers activated 911. The student was transported to BMC North via Village Ambulance.