Athletes of the week 10/29/14: Raea Rasmussen ’15 and Tom Cabarle ’15

Raea Rasmussen '15
Raea Rasmussen ’15

Raea Rasmussen ’15
Volleyball
Amsterdam, Netherlands

“Raea had a really great weekend as did our entire team in going 3-0. She has been an incredibly consistent competitor for us this season and she along with her fellow seniors have done a tremendous job in leading by example to help make our team better each and every day.” – Head Coach Christi Kelsey

Rasmussen helped lead the women to a 3-0 record at the Hall of Fame tournament last weekend. She was the only Eph named to the All-Tournament team for her play. Against Trinity last Saturday, she recorded eights kills and a whopping .538 kill percentage. Later that day against Wheaton, Rasmussen notched an impressive 10 kills with a kill percentage of .529. She was also a presence at the net and played in all 10 sets on the weekend.

Tom Cabarle '15
Tom Cabarle ’15

Tom Cabarle ’15
Football
Long Valley, N.J.

“Tom is a leader on and off of the field. He had a very strong game against Hamilton. Tom leads by example and his daily hard work motivates and energizes our team every day. Tom has been a great leader for our team all season and is a fine example of a captain and teammate.” – Head Coach Aaron Kelton

Cabarle’s role in three Hamilton turnovers and his team-high 10 tackles helped football snap a four-game losing streak. He recovered a fumble on the first drive of the game and later he notched two interceptions and broke up a pass.
His first interception came immediately after the men took a 7-0 lead and led to the Ephs’ second touchdown. Cabarle’s second interception came at the end of the first half in the end zone. Cabarle’s four interceptions on the year leads the Ephs.