Spring Street Blues 10-22-14

Monday 10-13-14

1:46 p.m., Stetson/Sawyer: Officers responded to a panic alarm from the Center for Educational Technology. A student worker had unintentionally activated the alarm. Officers determined the panic device needs to be relocated to prevent further unintentional activations and submitted a work order.

3:41 p.m., Garfield: Officers responded to a fire alarm. Students had activated a smoke detector in the basement pool room. Officers determined the cause to be cooking in the kitchen. Officers reset the alarm.

4:30 p.m., Poker Flats: Officers received a report of a student with a broken collar bone. 911 was activated and Village Ambulance  was dispatched to evaluate and transport the student.

6:35 p.m., Clark Art Institute Upper Parking Lot: Security was asked to assist a student with an ankle injury and to provide transportation to the Health Center. Officers filled out a Personal Accident Injury Report.

10:24 p.m., Jesup: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm. There was no apparent cause of the alarm. The doors were locked. The alarm system was reset.

Tuesday 10-14-14

12:57 a.m., Mission Park: Officers responded to a fire alarm. The smoke detector on the first floor of stairwell six on the east side of the building was activated. Officers found no cause. The system would not reset after several attempts and officers contacted Electrical Trades on-call and submitted a work order to have the defective alarm fixed.

8:42 a.m., Stetson/Sawyer: The door-ajar alarm and the forced-door alarm on the second floor in room 276 were activated. Officers found that one of two access doors for this room, which is the Faculty Collaboration Center, was open with no one in room or the area. Officers secured the door and cleared the alarm.

9:12 a.m., Stetson/Sawyer: Officers responded to a second  door ajar alarm from Stetson/Sawyer Library on the second floor in room 276. The door was again found open. Officers closed and secured the door and spoke with Media Services staff explaining that the door is part of the building’s security system and will trigger the alarm if propped open.

10:34 a.m., Hopkins Hall: A student stopped by Security to report a mountain bike missing from outside the south main entrance of Mission Park.

12:25 p.m., Security: Officers received dispatch reports that Village Ambulance had been dispatched to the Southworth St./Lynde La. area for a contractor who had fallen off of a roof while working on a building. Officers responded. A roofing contractor was working on the west porch of the new building when he fell about 15 feet onto a pallet of roof slate that was on the ground. EMTs secured his back and neck, and then transported him to the hospital.

12:37 p.m., Stetson/Sawyer area 241 Educational Technology Center: A panic alarm was activated. Officers determined that it was activated unintentionally.

1:48 p.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a fire alarm. A pull station was activated in the L02 Theatre. The cause is unknown. The pull station and system were reset.

Wednesday 10-15-14

8:12 a.m., Stetson/Sawyer Library 308: Officers responded to a door-ajar alarm. Officers found a contractor working in the room. The contractor stated that he was working in the room, but did not have card access.

10:18 a.m., Weston Field: Officers responded to two door-ajar alarms from the Team Sports Building. The doors were found propped open by contractors who were performing a blower test.

8:45 p.m., Carter: Security received a call asking for assistance for a student with a possible medical emergency. Dispatch was asked to activate 911. The student was transported to the Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) in Pittsfield.

8:45 p.m., Williams Hall: A student reported two deep wounds in his shins that might have required stitches. A student EMT overheard the call and responded to offer assistance. The student had injured himself at Lasell gym in the weight room earlier. The EMT thought he needed stitches and suggested he go to the hospital. Another student volunteered to take him to the hospital in North Adams.

Friday 10-17-14

10:38 a.m., Stetson/Sawyer Library: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm from Special Collections room 455, where multiple cabinet alarms were activated. Security determined that the alarms were caused by staff working inside who had not disarmed the alarm system.

5:46 p.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a 911 emergency. A witness reported a student having a seizure. Officers found the student conscious but very disoriented and unaware of what had just occurred. Village Ambulance arrived and transported the student to BMC.

7:22 p.m., ’62 Center for Theater and Dance: A Security officer was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident on Route 2 in front of the ‘62 Center for Theater and Dance. The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) and Williamstown Fire Department were called to the scene of the accident. The officer determined that  neither party involved in the accident was affiliated with the College.

10:23 p.m., Poker Flats: Officers were dispatched for several forced doors and rejected card swipes from the C-entry door. Officers found approximately 40-50 people in the C-entry, first-floor living room and kitchen area, including minors. Officers found hard alcohol and a large quantity of beer present. Officers explained the policy for alcohol and underage drinking to the students and dispersed the crowd.

10:56 p.m., East College: Officers received a noise complaint. Officers asked a group of students to turn down the music. Because marijuana was present, officers called WPD.

11:30 p.m., Spencer: Officers called 911 for a student with injuries resulting from a fall on the concrete stairs on the south end of the building.

Saturday 10-18-14

1:19 a.m. Paresky: Officers responded to the Park St. area outside Paresky to a report of several intoxicated students who were headed towards Tyler House. Officers spoke with several students on the street and one group. The group of three was identified and reported that they were heading home to Tyler. All responded reasonably well and were cooperative, and officers determined they did not need assistance and allowed them to return to Tyler House.

Sunday 10-19-14

3:12 p.m., Chandler Gym: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm from the upper northwest exterior door. The gym was busy at this time and officers reset the alarm.

3:23 p.m., Weston Field Team Support Building: Officers responded to a door-ajar alarm. The Visiting Team’s Locker Room was found ajar. The Williams football team was using this area for a meeting and had propped the door open with a trash can. Officer removed the trash can and explained to the team that the door is alarmed.