Spring Street Blues

Tuesday 9-30-14

11:15 a.m., Security Office: A student stopped by the office to report a stolen bike. He reported leaving it in front of Stetson unsecured sometime last week. He filled out a Stolen Article Report (SAR), which Security then faxed to the Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

4:00 p.m., Currier: Security received notice of a medical emergency for a student with severe abdominal pains. Officers called 911. Village Ambulance had no available units, so North Adams Ambulance responded. North Adams Ambulance arrived and  paramedics evaluated the student’s condition. They determined a trip to the hospital was not necessary and recommended the student visit the Health Center. Security transported the student to the Health Center.

Wednesday 10-1-14

1:14 a.m., Prospect: Security received a complaint about multiple individuals smoking marijuana near the west entrance of the building.

11:24 a.m., Harper House: A student reported a stolen bike. The bike was not locked, did not have a decal, and belongs to the Purple Bike Coalition. The student filled out an SAR, which was faxed to WPD.

6:37 p.m., Bernhard Music Center: Staff reported finding a burnt candle and matches in the garbage in practice room 15. The incident was documented as a fire safety violation.

7:45 p.m., Paresky: Security received a report of a possible hate crime. A student found a defaced poster. WPD was called to the scene and responded. Security documented the incident and activated a Biased Incident Response. The Security Director, Dean of the College, Vice President of Student Life, President and other administrative staff were notified of the incident. Officers recorded multiple student and staff statements. The incident is under ongoing investigation by Security as well as WPD.

Thursday 10-2-14

6:48 p.m., Prospect: Security received a complaint from a tips line of marijuana outside of Prospect House on the Southwest side of the building.

7:36 p.m., Chandler Gym: Dispatch received an intrusion alarm at the northeast stairwell door. The gym was very busy at the time and officers determined that someone must have accidentally walked through it.

11:18 p.m., Carter: Security received a report of an intoxicated student outside of the C entry.  The student was sitting on the ground floor, very pale and complaining of feeling light headed. Security asked dispatch to activate 911. Paramedics examined the student and a Village Ambulance transported the student to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North for treatment.

Friday 10-3-14

1:23 a.m., Jenness House: An officer noticed several smashed pumpkins in the parking lot that may have been used previously as decorations at at the Harvest Dinner that evening. The debris was pushed to the side of the lot and the officer submitted a work order for clean up.

2:17 a.m., Tyler House: Security received a noise complaint for the second floor. An officer responded and notified residents about the complaint. There were no further problems.

12:18 p.m., Paresky lawn: Officers received a report of a student falling and hitting his or her head. The student reported feeling faint before falling. Security called 911 and Village Ambulance transported the student to BMC North for further treatment. 

5:04 p.m., Cole Field on lower Stetson Rd.: Security received a complaint from a Williamstown resident of students driving too fast. The caller stated that he or she was concerned for the safety of young children and pedestrian traffic in the area.

5:44 p.m., Mission: A student reported a stolen bike. Security sent a copy of the SAR to WPD so they could assist in the search.

9:20 p.m., Spencer House: A student reported a friend had twisted her ankle coming down the steps in front of Spencer House. Security assisted the student and transported her to Lehman. Officers recorded a personal injury report of the incident.

9:30 p.m., Williams College Museum of Art: Officers responded to a burglary alarm at the loading area. There was no apparent cause.

10:20 p.m. Spencer Art: 911 was activated at Spencer Art loading dock. A student reported drinking and then vomiting and sweating profusely. Village Ambulance responded quickly and transported the student to BMC North after paramedics examined the student. 

Saturday 10-4-14

11:53 p.m., West College: Security received a report of a broken window in the first floor common room. Students reported that they were in the common room listening to music when they heard a loud crash. They then discovered that the southeast window in the common room had been smashed. From the window, they noticed a group of individuals run down the hill and across the north side of Morgan Hall.

Sunday 10-5-14

2:57 a.m., Spencer House: Officers found a male standing at the  door of Spencer House facing Hoxsey Street, attempting to gain access. Officers sought to identify and found he was a non-student. The person was intoxicated, was in town for a wedding and was mistaking Spencer House for the Williams Inn. Security called WPD for assistance. WPD officers arrived and escorted the man to the Williams Inn. 

12:09 p.m., Chapin Hall Drive: Officers responded to a motor vehicle accident on Chapin Hall Drive. WPD was also called to the scene. The incident involved non-college vans and buses. There was no damage to any college vehicles or property.