Spring Street Blues 9-24-14

Monday 9-15-14

1:34 p.m. Fayerweather: Officers responded to a fire alarm. The cause was steam from hot water used by the building custodian. Officers reset the system.

Tuesday 9-16-14

12:59 a.m. Sawyer: An officer found the door to room 276 propped open with a box and a student in the room. Room 276 is the Faculty Collaborative Center and is not a 24-hour space. The student was told to gather his belongings and leave the room.

12:18 a.m. Weston Field Team Support Building: Officers responded to an alarm for a door forced open. Officers  found nobody around and no cause for the alarm, possibly caused by a glitch in the new alarm installation.

5:00 p.m. A phone was reported lost. A student was able to track her phone using Google Location Services and a Campus Safety and Security officer assisted in trying to locate the phone. The phone was not found. A stolen article report was sent to the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) and a statement form was completed. Officers continued to look for the phone in the building indicated. The student later called to report the phone had been recovered.

8:25 p.m. Park St.: Officers investigated a report of suspicious behavior and found a male sitting in a dark gray SUV parked in a driveway who seemed to be engaged in an argument but was alone in the vehicle. The man was located and said he was in a heated discussion on his cell phone.

8:45 p.m.  Agard: WPD called to assist officers who found marijuana paraphernalia. WPD issued a student a civil citation for marijuana and confiscated the illegal paraphernalia.

9:42 p.m. East: A student reported that a phone accidently slipped out of a pocket and was flushed down the toilet. Officers assisted and had an on-call mechanical tradesman paged. He arrived at East and retrieved the phone from the plumbing below the bathroom floor.

Wednesday 9-17-14

7:13 p.m. Tyler Annex: Fire Alarm. Officers found smoke in the first-floor kitchen and lounge area caused by burnt food. Officers opened all the windows in the lounge and in the hallway to let the smoke dissipate. The system was reset and the students were let back into the building.

8:40 p.m. Fitch: Dispatch alerted all officers of a tip line submission of someone stealing a bicycle outside of Fitch. Description of the suspect was given. A student was intercepted and reported he mistakenly took the wrong bike. The bike was returned to the bike rack.

Thursday 9-18-14

2:06 a.m. Sawyer: Officers responded to a burglary alarm from Video Classroom 308. Officers responded to an attempt to enter this restricted and alarmed area.

3:00 p.m. WPD Station: A student had gone to the WPD and reported damage to her vehicle. She reported that someone had keyed her vehicle while it was parked on campus. She was asked to come to the Security office to make a report. Security photographed the damage for documentation.

9:45 p.m. Lab Campus Drive: WPD made a traffic stop at the intersection of Route 2 and Chapin Hall Drive. A security officer observed the vehicle’s plate was a New Hampshire with the last four digits reported on Monday Sept. 18 with four suspicious people, one wearing a horse-head mask. WPD was advised and asked if it could identify these people for Security. The WPD officer followed up and was able to identify the four individuals.

Friday 9-19-14

9:40 a.m. Paresky Loading Dock: Officers investigated a report by a facilities groundskeeper that a semitrailer had scraped up against the concrete wall while making a delivery. WPD also responded, gathered the information and documented the damage.

Saturday 9-20-14

12:47 a.m. Stetson: Officers responded to a burglary alarm in the Stetson Mabie Room 307, found the door unsecured and the room clear. The door should have been secured so officers secured it.

10:37 a.m. Sawyer: Officers responded to a door forced open at the north service entrance. A staff member on site reported a vendor who had just used this door. The vendor was advised concerning when and how he could get legal access to this new building without forcing or propping doors.

11:00 a.m. Security office: A stolen article report was taken concerning a student’s missing bike from the rack outside of Fayerweather, unlocked.  A copy of the report was forwarded to the WPD. At 11:40 a.m. an officer located the bike on the north side of Hollander Hall and returned it to the owner.

2:42 p.m.  Sawyer:  Officers responded to a forced door alarm in Room 276. Officer found staff on site conducting tours. 

5:23 p.m. Farley-Lamb Field: Officers responded to a fire alarm at the Weston Field Team Support Building. It was caused by steam from the showers. The system was reset after the players were finished showering.

7:02 p.m. Garfield: A medical response was needed for a student who had been stung by a bee. He was transported to the Health Center. Upon arrival at the Health Center, the nurse called 911 for emergency transport. 

Sunday 9-21-14

5:03 a.m. Mission: Officers responded to an Armstrong restroom report of a toilet spurting water. Officers were able to shut off the water to the toilet. The on-call custodian was called and responded. The water seeped into three student rooms to just inside their doors.  The custodian vacuumed up the water in these rooms as well. Fans were placed in the hallway to dry the carpets. Work orders were made out for the custodian and one was made out for mechanical trades to correct the issue with the toilet.

7:05 p.m. Jesup: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm on the third floor. No one was present. Officers reset the alarm.

8:39 p.m. Sawyer:  Officers were dispatched to door 100N being opened. Officer spoke with a student who saw another student go out this emergency exit only door, activating the alarm.