Athletes of the Week 9/24/14: Tori Jasuta ’17 and Alex Scyocurka ’15

Tori Jasuta '17
Tori Jasuta ’17

Tori Jasuta ’17
Volleyball
Manhattan Beach, Calif.

“I am proud of Tori for her strong overall performance in our opening NESCAC weekend. She is a great example of what our team really values right now, which is competing hard and playing for each other. That kind of team-first mentality has helped our group get off to a great start this year.” – Head Coach Christi Kelsey

Jasuta led the Ephs to three wins last weekend, over Trinity, Wesleyan and Endicott. She was named NESCAC Player of the Week for her fantastic play. Jasuta collected 34 kills, 4 service aces and 33 digs over the weekend, leading the Ephs to three impressive road wins. She was named NESCAC Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year last year, and is looking to continue her impressive play this season for the Ephs.

Alex Scyocurka '15
Alex Scyocurka ’15

Alex Scyocurka ’15
Football
Longmeadow, Mass.

“When Scyocurka plays the way he did on Saturday, it inspires the rest of the team to rise up and give its best. He is always looking at how to get better and that type of drive is infectious throughout the team. He worked hard in the offseason and that is going to go a long way to promote big games for him.” – Tri-captain Tom Cabarle ’15

Scyocurka led the Ephs to an impressive 36-0 win over NESCAC foe Bowdoin last Saturday, rushing for 128 yards on 19 attempts and scoring two touchdowns. He is averaging seven yards a play for the Ephs, who are looking to have a rebound season. Last year, Scyocurka ran for 506 yards and scored four touchdowns. He is looking to further his offensive prowess and surpass his totals from last season.