Spring Street Blues 9-17-14

Monday 9-8-14

7:40 a.m., Lasell Lower Fitness Center:  Officers received a report of a student who potentially needed medical assistance. The student reported to officers that he was not feeling well and he felt dizzy and had vomited while working out. The student was transported to the Health Center.

10:55 p.m., Parsons House: A student called and reported a vehicle with three to four men inside. The car was parked on Mission Park Drive near Hollander Hall. The men asked her a question and the student responded. They then started commenting on her outfit in a derogatory manner. The student kept walking toward Parsons. Two of the men got out of the car and started walking a distance behind her. The student called Campus Safety and Security and went inside.  The two men got back in the vehicle and started to drive up Mission Park Drive toward Park Street. Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was advised of the location of the vehicle. An officer was able to get the license plate and called it into dispatch with the direction of the car. The vehicle fled at high speed and disappeared on route 7 south.

Tuesday 9-9-14

7:19 p.m., Weston Field: Security responded to a fire alarm. Officers found the football field grandstand was in alarm indicating a water flow alarm. Officers found water coming out of a pipe on the west side of the building. The project manager was notified as well as the on-call mechanical tradesman.

Wednesday 9-10-14

11:28 a.m., Danforth Block: There was a fire alarm with no apparent cause found at the indicated location. The Security officers cleared and reset the system.

Thursday 9-11-14

12:58 a.m., West: A student reported a suspicious person on the east side of West, possibly intoxicated. The person was of medium height with blond hair and was wearing a white t-shirt and khaki pants. Officers swept the area and did not find anyone matching that description.

Friday 9-12-14

10:00 a.m., Thompson Chemistry Lab: 911 was activated for a reported medical emergency. A student was found lying in the aisle of the auditorium after having passed out during class. After attempting to sit up, she passed out again. The student was attended to by EMTs and transported to Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield by Village Ambulance.

4:22 p.m., St. John’s Church: Officers received a report from St John’s Church on Park Street that students were climbing the exterior of the church. A WPD officer also responded. Officers identified four students who had already packed up their pads and climbing equipment and were about to leave. They admitted to climbing the church. Officers explained that for safety and liability reasons, as well as private property rules, they are not allowed to climb the church.

Saturday 9-13-14

2:33 p.m., Security Office: A student filled out a report concerning an envelope from home delivered by UPS that was missing cash. The envelope had a slice in it and packing tape over the slice before he opened it. The student said that his family plans to contact UPS. A stolen article report was filled out and faxed to WPD.

4:22 p.m., Security Office: A student came in to report that his blue mountain bike was stolen from the bike rack at East. Officers checked if Security had recently taken possession of a bike matching this description, but Security did not have any bikes matching the description in storage. The student filled out a statement and a Stolen Article Report, which was faxed to WPD.

6:22 p.m., Carter: Officers responded to a report of a student who had hit her head the previous night and wanted to go to the hospital. Village Ambulance responded and transported her to Berkshire Medical Center North.

7:15 p.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a report of suspicious people handing out information to students. Officers found and identified the people matching the description. Both said that they weren’t aware that they weren’t allowed to solicit on College property. They left peacefully without a problem.

8:04 p.m., Old Sawyer Library: Officers responded to the old Sawyer Library in response to a report of two suspicious men earlier seen at at Paresky. The men were at the old Sawyer Library upon arrival but a WPD officer then radioed that the two men were in front of the Purple Pub on Spring Street. They were verbally posted for the weekend and explained all the details that apply to the posting. The WPD sergeant gave both men an escort off campus to the town line.

Sunday 9-14-14

3:30 a.m., Williams Hall: 911 was activated for an intoxicated student in need of assistance. The student was evaluated by Village Ambulance and transported to Berkshire Medical North Emergency Room.

4:49 p.m., Poker Flats: Officers responded to a fire alarm. Officers found incense and marijuana paraphernalia and contacted WPD.

4:57 p.m., Mission Park: Security received a report of a suspicious person with two cameras taking pictures. The Communications Office had hired the individual. He was advised of the procedure and college identification necessary and notification that needed to be made by prior arrangement for him to be in student dormitories. He said he would speak to the people in the Communications Office about getting identification.

10:08 p.m., Hoxsey St: Officers received a noise complaint. An officer spoke with a student about the complaint and informed the student that WPD had also been notified. The students turned down the music.