Athletes of the week: Audrey Thomas ’17 and Colin Cotton ’17

Audrey Thomas '17
Audrey Thomas ’17

Audrey Thomas
Women’s soccer
Bellevue, Wash.

“Audrey is an incredible athlete and player. Her lightning quickness and speed allow her to cause havoc with opposing defenders and to create so many scoring chances for both herself and her teammates,” – Head Coach Michelyne Pinard

Last weekend, Thomas accumulated ten shots and three goals to help the Ephs defeat the Bantams 5-0 and the Engineers 3-2 in an overtime thriller. Thomas put home the decisive goal in the 109th minute to give the Ephs the edge in a hard fought game. She has totalled five goals and 18 shots on the season. Thomas leads the Ephs with two game winning goals. She finished the 2014 season with six goals and two assists, and looks to be an offensive weapon for the Ephs in 2014-2015 season.

Colin Cotton '17
Colin Cotton ’17

Colin Cotton
Men’s cross country
Cincinnati, Ohio

“Colin has trained all summer at a high level, following his All-American performance at outdoor track nationals. He is in excellent shape and running stronger and smoother than ever. At this first meet he showed his heels to the other 13 teams during the final mile and is poised for a great season,” – Head Coach Pete Farwell ’73

Cotton was named the USTFCCCA Div. III Men’s National Cross Country Athlete of the Week for his performance in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last weekend. He set a course record with a time of 18:45.5 in the 6K at the Saratoga Invitational hosted by RPI. The USTFCCCA noted the 6K as the Div. III meet of the week, to which Cotton dominated the competition and came away with a huge victory. Last year, he received All-American honors and finished 22nd at the NCAA Championships. He looks to be a top runner in all of Div. III this season.