Athletes of the Week 9/10/14: Kristi Kirshe ’17 and Chris Conder ’15

Kristi Kirshe '17
Kristi Kirshe ’17

Kristi Kirshe ’17
Women’s soccer
Franklin, Mass.

“Kristi embodies so much about the work ethic and competition that we strive for everyday at practice and in games. She’s hungry for goals and puts herself and her teammates in the best position to change the game. That’s what we’ll look to her to do all season.” – Tri-captain Hannah Van Wetter ’15

Kirshe lead the offensive charge for the women’s soccer team this weekend, scoring three goals for the Ephs. She scored one against Colby on Saturday, and two against Wheaton on Sunday. Kirshe accumulated 19 shots over the course of both games, six of which were on goal. She currently leads the Ephs in scoring on the season. In 2013, Kirshe finished with six goals and two assists, and she looks to continue her offensive trend in 2014.

Chris Conder '15
Chris Conder ’15

Chris Conder ’15
Men’s soccer
London, England

“Chris has had a very good start to the season. He obviously scored the second goal of the Colby game, but he has become extremely potent on the field. He is very important to the team because he is very mature and level-headed. We are lucky to have him on the team.” – Head Coach Mike Russo

After a NCAA Div. III Final Four appearance clinching goal against archrival Amherst in 2013, Chris Conder is a force to be reckoned with in 2014. On Saturday against Colby, Conder scored the second goal of the game, solidifying the Ephs’ 2-0 victory. He recorded three shots in the game. He finished 2013 with two goals and six assists, and looks to continue supporting the Eph offense in 2014.