Spring Street Blues

Wednesday 5-7-14

12:31 a.m., ’82 Grill: There was a report of a person who had passed out. Officers dispatched and 911 was activated. Officers found a student lying on the floor alert and conscious. The student reported he fell to the floor while standing in line. The student said it was because he had not eaten recently and his blood sugar was low. EMTs evaluated him in the ambulance and verified his blood sugar was very low. The student was not transported but released and allowed to go back into Paresky to get something to eat.

Thursday 5-8-14

2:30 p.m., Security Office: A student came to Campus Safety and Security (Security) to report that a bicycle was stolen from the Thompson first floor bicycle storage room sometime in or after November 2013. A stolen article report was filled out and faxed to Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

Friday 5-9-14

3:08 a.m., Berkshire Area: The power was out throughout the whole campus and surrounding north county communities. All essential personnel were called in for duty. The power was not restored until shortly after 10 a.m.

11:06 a.m., Security Office: An alumnus who was visiting friends came into the Security office to report a missing iPad. A stolen article report was completed.

9:57 p.m., Wood House: An intoxicated student was reported in need of assistance. 911 was called and the student was transported to Southern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC).

Saturday 5-10-14

12:24 a.m., Sawyer Library: Officers working the Sawyer event reported crowd control issues at the east entrance. There were an estimated 125 students waiting to enter as the fire capacity of the event was at its maximum. The west entrance crowd was estimated to be significantly larger at this time. The line became dangerous with students pushing forward in an attempt to enter.  Several students were being crushed against the entry door and were in need of immediate assistance. One student became belligerent and confrontational with Security officers, so WPD was called to respond. One student was arrested.

12:28 a.m., Fitch: There was a report of a student unconscious in a bathroom stall. 911 was called and the Village Ambulance transported the student to SVMC.

12:50 a.m., Bryant: There was a report of an illegal party in the basement. Security arrived on scene and checked the basement. It was clear. Officers checked the building and it was very quiet. The quad was also very quiet.

2:26 a.m., Security Office: A student came to Security to report his laptop stolen. The Wireless Theft Intake Form and the Stolen Article Report forms were completed.

4:53 p.m., Park Street: Dispatch received a call from a student about an intoxicated person walking down Park St. stumbling as he or she attempted to get into some of the parked cars and then urinating on a parked car. WPD was also called to respond. A non-student visitor was put into protective custody.

5:00 p.m., Griffin: 911 was activated for an ill student. Village Ambulance assessed and transported the student to SVMC.

7:15 p.m., Spencer House: A smoke detector was activated in the first floor due to burnt bacon on a stove top.

11:23 p.m., Chapin Hall: There was a report of an intoxicated student on the Chapin Hall steps. 911 was called and the student was found on all fours in the grass lining the sidewalk on the west side of Chapin Hall near Frosh Quad, vomiting in the grass. The student continued to vomit until Village Ambulance arrived. The EMTs evaluated and transported him to SVMC.

Sunday 5-11-14

1:51 a.m., Mission Park: There was a noise complaint in Mills submitted through the tip line. A small group was found in a common room watching TV. The group was advised of the complaint.

3:48 a.m., Carter: 911 was called for a student having a difficult time breathing. EMTs assessed the student and determined that the student’s medication was working and the crisis was dissipating. No transport was needed.