Athletes of the Week: Annie Lynch ’14 and Todd Ford ’16

Annie Lynch '14
Annie Lynch ’14

Annie Lynch ’14
Women’s track
Bronx, N.Y.

“Annie is an outstanding person and leader. She has worked hard all year long, overcame adversity and executed a great race on Saturday. We are all very proud of Annie and her achievements.” – Head Coach Nate Hoey

Lynch had an incredible weekend at All New Englands. In the 200, Lynch ran a personal best time of 25.09 in the preliminaries to notch a spot in the finals where she shed an astonishing .95 seconds off her preliminary time to run a school record 24.14. Lynch also was impressive in the relays, helping both the 4×100 and 4×400 teams to season’s best times. The 4×400 team notched a fourth place finish in a time of 3:50.88, while the 4×100 relay finished in 47.95 for 11th place.

Todd Ford '16
Todd Ford ’16

Todd Ford ’16
Men’s track
Glenview, Ill.

“Todd has made a great comeback from winter illness and now is at his peak. He put together the consummate race at the New Englands with perfect pace, a strong 3rd quarter move and a fast kick. He is a hard worker, talented athlete and great competitor.” – Assistant Coach Pete Farwell ’73

Ford’s outdoor season took an impressive turn at All New England’s last weekend. Coming back into form, he shattered his personal record in the 1500 with a time of 3:50.85 after skirting above and below the four-minute mark for most of the spring season. It was a nine-second personal record and may qualify Ford for NCAA Div. III Nationals hosted by Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, Ohio, in two weeks.