Athletes of the Spring

Matt Micheli ’14
Matt Micheli ’14

Matt Micheli ’14
Men’s tennis
San Francisco, Calif.

Micheli garnered an 11-9 record at the top singles position for the Ephs, earning himself First Team All-NESCAC honors. He was also named to Second Team All-NESCAC for doubles. Micheli was selected by the NCAA to compete in the Div. III Individuals Tournament as a single qualifier, as well as being named a doubles alternate. He was a four-year All-NESCAC recipient and was a part of the 2013 National Champion squad coached by Dan Greenberg ’08.

Ali Graebner '14
Ali Graebner ’14

Ali Graebner ’14
Softball
Short Hills, N.J.

Graebner was named First Team All-New England as well as First Team All-NESCAC for her efforts in the women’s record setting season. She started all 38 games for the Ephs, leading the women in batting average (.402), on-base percentage (.462), runs scored (32), RBIs (30) and hits (47). She was also second in stolen bases (6) and doubles (7). The centerfielder and second baseman led the Ephs to a runner-up finish in the NESCAC and the opportunity to host an NCAA Div. III Regional. Graebner is eligible for All-American status.

Kara Shoemaker '14
Kara Shoemaker ’14

Kara Shoemaker ’14
Women’s tennis
Princeton, N.J.

Shoemaker was named NESCAC Player of the Year and was named to First Team Singles as well as Second Team Doubles. She accumulated a 26-5 record in singles play, while having a 30-8 record in doubles. Shoemaker has been a large part of the women’s team that has advanced to the National Quarterfinal. In addition, Shoemaker has been selected to play in the NCAA  Div. III Individuals Tournament as both a singles and doubles player. She has been a part of three National Championship teams coached by Alison Swain ’01.

Amina Avril '14
Amina Avril ’14

Amina Avril ’14
Women’s track
Decatur, Ga.

Avril was recognized with the Sabasteanski Award winner as the Most Outstanding Female Performer in the NESCAC. She won three events when the Ephs captured their 21st NESCAC Championship this spring. Her victories in the shot put, discus, and hammer throw were all clear and decisive. In the shot put, Avril launched a distance of 13.44 meters. In the discus, she garnered a distance of 39.18 meters. In the hammer throw, Avril impressively threw a distance of 55.25 meters. Avril is seeking a repeat National Championship after her indoor title last winter and third straight outdoor All-American.