11:25 a.m., Sage: There was a fire alarm. The smoke detector was activated. Officers found no evidence of fire or smoke, and the panel was silenced and reset. A student admitted to smoking an e-cigarette in the room that activated the alarm.
4:40 p.m., Currier: There was a fire alarm. A smoke detector in the basement hallway near the kitchen had been activated. Burnt food from the stove caused the alarm. The area was vented and the system was reset.
9:13 a.m., Paresky Lawn: Concerns were called in over the safety of the temporary wall installation. Officers were dispatched to check out and make a preliminary determination of the safety of the wall put up with cement blocks as support. The manager of environmental safety and compliance and Facilities were also asked to check it for safety purposes. A recommendation for more bracing to reinforce the stability of the wall was made.
11:05 a.m., Health Center: 911 was called. A student was having difficulty breathing. The student was transported to Southern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC) by Village Ambulance.
12:55 p.m., Sawyer Library: An officer was dispatched to investigate an inappropriate message written in the Sawyer Library remembrance book.
6:23 p.m., Agard: There was a call to assist the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) with investigating marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
7:25 p.m., Dodd: WPD was called to respond to a concern about the presence of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
9:50 p.m., Dennett: There was a call to assist WPD in investigating marijuana.
9:06 p.m., Driscoll Hall Drive: A large tree limb had fallen in the road. An officer was able to clear the broken branches from the road and parking spaces and place all the debris and the large limb on the grass. A work order was submitted for the groundskeepers to take care of it in the morning.
9:10 p.m., Dodd: There was a fire alarm. A smoke detector in the kitchen area was activated due to smoke from cooking. The area was vented and the system was reset.
8:55 a.m., Perry House: Dispatch reported receiving a phone call regarding an older man in a maroon pick-up truck that was driving up and down Stetson Court, finally stopping in the Perry House parking lot. Officers identified an outside contractor who was there to meet a manager from Facilities concerning work to be done.
9:45 p.m., Mission Park: There was a fire alarm. The panel indicated a room in Dennett. The alarm was caused by the use of a hair straightener. The system was reset.
12:15 a.m., Fayerweather: There was a noise complaint. The caller was not sure if the noise was in the building or coming from outside. Officers found loud music coming from a first floor room. There was also a loud group in the basement lounge. Officers informed them of the noise compliant and had the music turned off.
6:32 p.m., Mount Hope: There was an intrusion alarm. Employees from Dining Services were found on site off-loading items for the evening’s function.
9:38 p.m., Morgan: There was a report of someone smoking. A student was advised about smoking cigarettes in his room and the consequences for that action.
12:26 a.m., Paresky Center: There was a medical emergency. A student was passed out in one of the bathroom stalls on the first floor. North Adams Ambulance responded for mutual aid due to Village Ambulance being unavailable. The student was transported to SVMC.
10:12 a.m., Health Center: Dispatch received a phone call from a student who was at the Health Center looking to speak with someone. He was very upset that nobody was there at the time. Officers responded and spoke with him. His options were discussed and he opted to accept transport from Village Ambulance to Berkshire Medical Center.
2:42a.m., Dodd: There was a noise complaint. The cause was loud music and the resident was advised of the noise complaint. The volume was lowered.