Athletes of the Week: Brooke Bovier ’17 and Steven Kiesel ’15

Brooke Bovier '17
Brooke Bovier ’17

Brooke Bovier ’17
Softball
Port Orange, Fla.

“Brooke has all the tools to be a great pitcher in our program. She is a great teammate and we’re excited to share in her success.” – Head Coach Kris Herman

Bovier allowed only two hits in a 5-4 victory over conference rival Middlebury last Saturday, clinching the NESCAC West title for the women. She finished the week with a 2-0 record, allowing only three hits in 14 innings pitched, with batters batting a mere .065 against her. This performance earned her NESCAC Pitcher of the Week honors. For the season, the right hander holds a stellar 9-2 record and a 3.00 ERA. She has pitched 58 1/3 innings for the Ephs, striking out 43 batters and allowing only 46 hits.

Steven Kiesel '15
Steven Kiesel ’15

Steven Kiesel ’15
Men’s lacrosse
Edina, Minn.

“Steven is a great leader by example and plays with a relentless attitude. Steven has had his biggest games against some of our toughest opponents and I feel very fortunate to have such a committed player in my program.” – Head Coach George McCormack

Last Wednesday, Kiesel netted a hat-trick against conference foe Middlebury, to seal a comeback 9-7 win and a home game for the quarterfinal round of the NESCAC playoffs. On Saturday, Kiesel continued his dominance of the Panthers, scoring two goals and notching one assist in a 13-9 win that sent the Ephs to the semifinal round. On the season, he has totaled 26 points, scoring 17 goals and marking nine assists.