Chance the Rapper cancels Spring Fling concert

Chance the Rapper canceled tomorrow’s concert after he was hospitalized on Sunday. The details of the illness were not released. Chance initially checked into the hospital a few hours before he was scheduled to perform at Coachella. From the hospital, Chance continuously tweeted thanks to his fans for supporting him through this difficult time. According to the Huffington Post, Chance is expected to make a full recovery. According to an all-school email from Benjamin Lamb, Assistant Director for Student Involvement, “We are currently working with our agent to explore options, and we will keep you informed as things progress.” Last year, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis canceled their April 14 concert at the College to appear on MTV. The concert was later rescheduled for April 22. Macklemore informed the College that he would not be able to perform on February 26, 2013, giving ACE sufficient time to reschedule the concert. In order to avoid a repeat of last year, the College entered into a 60-day contract with Chance. “We’re currently working with OSL (Office of Student Life) and our agent to look at alternatives. ACE themselves only heard about the cancellation within an hour that the campus-wide email was sent out. At this point, there are no concrete plans,” Karen Huan, co-president of ACE, said. “We will work to keep the student body updates as we get more information ourselves.”