Athletes of the Week: Alyza Ngbokoli ’17 and David Rosas ’16

Alyza Ngbokoli '17
Alyza Ngbokoli ’17

Alyza Ngbokoli ’17
Women’s track and field
Yonkers, N.Y.

“Alyza had a great meet at Little Threes. Her daily commitment and effort all year long is really starting to show. Everyone on the team is happy for her.” – Head Coach Nate Hoey

Ngbokoli dominated at the Little Three Championships last weekend in both sprints and hurdles. At the meet, she won the 400-meter hurdles in 64.31 seconds, besting her nearest competitor by well over two seconds. She also took second in the 100-meter hurdles in a time of 15.77, missing out on first place by only .05 seconds. In addition, Ngobkoli ran the third leg of the 4×400 meter relay team that sprinted to first in 3:54.60. She was also a member of the 4×100 ‘B’ relay team that ran a season’s best time of 50.08

David Rosas '16
David Rosas ’16

David Rosas ’16
Baseball
San Jose, Calif.

“David is a pleasure to coach. He missed our entire season last year due to injury and his best baseball is in front of him. We needed a win and David showed up and delivered. And, have you seen his mustache?” – Head Coach Bill Barrale

Rosas was clutch in the second game of the doubleheader at Bowdoin last Saturday. He went 3-5 on the afternoon, notching two RBIs and one run scored. Rosas smashed an RBI double down the right field line in the top of the sixth inning to knot the game at four. The second RBI came in the top of the tenth inning when Rosas drove in the game-winning run with a single, ending the Eph’s six-game losing streak as they topped the Polar Bears by a score of 7-6.