Athletes of the Winter 2013-14

Michael Mayer '14
Michael Mayer ’14

Michael Mayer ’14
Men’s basketball
Durham, N.C.

As a tri-captain, Mayer has led men’s basketball all season long, averaging 18.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per contest for the Final Four bound squad. He has eight double-doubles this season and is shooting a blistering 55.2 percent on the year. Mayer is also a defensive force for the Ephs, adding 1.0 blocks and 0.7 steals per game. In the NCAA Div. III Tournament, Mayer is averaging an eye-popping 19.7 points and 14.5 rebounds per game thus far, recording a double-double in every contest. Mayer was named a preseason All-American and has garnered First Team All-NESCAC and D3hoops.com First Team All-Region honors for his efforts this season.

Taylor Foehl '14
Taylor Foehl ’14

Taylor Foehl ’14
Men’s squash
Williamstown, Mass.

Foehl captained men’s squash to a 14th place finish nationally this season. Playing at the No. 3 position for most of the year, Foehl battled tough competition in dual matches and went 9-14 on the year. Notably, he captured the title at the inaugural Div. III Individual Championships, defeating stiff competition including teammate Kevin Chen ’15 in the final, 13-11, 11-8, 11-5. At Nationals, Foehl led the men to an upset of Drexel in the consolation semifinals, downing his opponent with characteristic quickness and intelligent shots. Foehl was named First Team All-NESCAC for his performance this season for the first time in his career.

Cristina Bravi '14
Cristina Bravi ’14

Cristina Bravi ’14
Women’s ice hockey
Montreal, Quebec

Co-captain Bravi guided her team to an incredible turn-around season in which the women won 15 games for the first time in 10 years. The team also won its first ever NESCAC Championship and earned its first NCAA Div. III Tournament appearance since 2003. Bravi led the team in points with 40, evenly scoring 20 goals and notching 20 assists in the 28-game season. In the NESCAC Championship bout against Bowdoin, Bravi notched three points with two assists and the final goal to clinch the title for the women. The forward was named NESCAC Player of the Year for her efforts and was a member of the All-Conference First Team.

McKenzie Murdoch '14
McKenzie Murdoch ’14

McKenzie Murdoch ’14
Women’s diving
Winnetka, Ill.

Murdoch captured top honors at the NCAA Regional Championships on both the 1-meter and 3-meter boards. Her performance qualified her for NCAA Div. III Nationals this weekend. On the 1-meter board, she averaged over seven points per dive, while she also exhibited dominance on the 3-meter board. Murdoch also commanded the board in dual meets throughout the year, routinely dueling with teammate Michelle Higgins ’15, who also qualified for nationals, for top honors. At the NESCAC Championship, Murdoch earned prestigious Diver of the Meet honors, winning the 3-meter competition and placing second in the 1-meter. In addition, she was named Four Year High Point Diver.