Spring Street Blues (Mar. 3-Mar.9)

Monday 3-3-14

8:08 a.m., Hollander Hall: There was a fire alarm. The notifier panel showed that there was a smoke detector activated in the third floor hallway. Officers attempted to clear and reset the system but they were unsuccessful. They called Electrical Trades to respond.

10:18 a.m., President’s Office: There was a panic alarm. Officers responded to find a disgruntled and agitated person, an employee’s ex, demanding to speak to the President concerning an insurance issue.

10:56 a.m., Dean’s Office: Officers to a request for a student needing assistance. The Dean asked for a transport to the Health Center.

4:10 p.m., Tyler Annex: A student reported a mountain bike missing from the Tyler Annex bike rack. The bike was left unlocked in the Tyler Annex bike rack back in Dec. 2013. A Stolen Article Report was filled out and faxed to the Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

11:44 p.m., Lambert House: There was a report of a leak coming through the ceiling on the first floor. The first floor common room ceiling was leaking due to the second floor toilet overflowing. The leak in the common room was mostly through the electrical conduit. Campus Safety and Security (Security) contacted the on-campus custodians to clean up the second floor bathroom and porch.

Thursday 3-6-14

8:12 a.m., Facilities parking lot: Facilities Supervisor reported that a contractor told him that his vehicle may have been damaged while parked in the Facilities parking lot this morning. Security contacted WPD to respond as well.

9:50 p.m., Agard basement: Officers noticed an unusual odor of natural gas. Officers called 911 for the Williamstown Fire Department (WFD) to respond and then pulled the fire alarm and evacuated the building. On-call Mechanical Trades and Four Seasons were contacted to respond and the WFD contacted Berkshire Gas to respond. The Fire Dept. chief deemed that the odors were not at a dangerous level and the students could come back inside as it was extremely cold out. It was determined that each of the three boilers had small leaks coming from the connection to the gas line. They advised that this was not a dangerous leak. A Four Seasons technician was left onsite to fix the problem.

Friday 3-7-14

8:21 a.m., The Log: There was a fire alarm. A smoke detector was activated on the main floor just outside the kitchen caused by some type of liquid that was in one of the ovens. A student was cooking for the Log Lunch program and placed something in the oven.

5:21 p.m., Hopkins Hall: There was a Personnel Accident Form for a parent who had fallen on the Gladden sidewalk. The on call grounds men were on campus and sanded the walkway.

Saturday 3-8-14

12:37 a.m., Prospect House: Officers responded to Prospect for a noise complaint but did not arrive at Prospect until 1:11 a.m. due to the 911 emergency call at Mission Park. The caller stated that there was a large gathering on the third floor. Officers checked the third floor and it was very quiet. In 010 Common Room officers found remnants of beer pong, 3 empty 30 packs and several red solo cups.

12:40 a.m., Mission Park: There was a report of an intoxicated student needing assistance, and 911 was called. When officers arrived, they found a student lying on the floor of the bathroom semi-conscious. The student was put in a stair chair to extricate him from the building and transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) via the Village Ambulance.

1:48 a.m., Paresky Center: There was a report of a person falling in snack bar. The student developed a large bump on the back of his head. The student was evaluated by the Village Ambulance crew and transported to NARH.

1:50 a.m., Paresky Center: Upon arrival, a couple of officers were alerted by several students to a problem with another student on Park St. whose advanced stage of intoxication had become a serious concern. Village Ambulance was contacted for an evaluation, and transported the student to NARH.

10:23 p.m., Perry House: An officer observed a group of students of about 40 or so drinking in the Library. Most students left immediately but a few of the students stayed and did a great job cleaning up the area.

10:40 p.m., Mission Park: There was a noise complaint for the Dennett second floor hallway. A small group of students were playing Beirut in the hallway. Their table was obstructing traffic in the hallway.

11:50 p.m.  Gladden: Officers went to the second floor for an intoxicated student, and called 911. The Village Ambulance arrived and transported the student to NARH.

Sunday 3-9-14

7:19 p.m., A student came into Security to report that her iPhone 5S was stolen from her coat pocket at the Paresky Student Center. She attended the 100 Days Event last Saturday and left her coat out. When she went back Sunday morning around noon, she found her jacket still there but her phone missing from the pocket. The student filled out a statement and a stolen article report.