Athletes of the week 3/12

Claire Miller ’15
Charlie Billadeau ’15
Charlie Billadeau ’15
Women’s hockey (Chaska, Minn.)

“Charlie had a tremendous performance at the NESCAC Championships last weekend. He challenged on pucks and had some highlight reel saves both days. Being recognized as Athlete of the Week is a special recognition that he most certainly deserves.” – Meghan Gillis, Head Coach

Billadeau was a stone-wall in goal for the Ephs last weekend, leading the team to an NCAA Div. III Tournament berth and their first ever NESCAC Championship. He stopped all 22 shots faced in the 2-0 shutout victory over Conn. College last Saturday before saving 28 of 29 shots in the NESCAC final on Sunday. Billadeau sported a save percentage of .984 for the weekend and earned NESCAC Player of the Week honors for his performance.

User Kushaina ’14
Jack Lauroesch ’16
Jack Lauroesch ’14
Men’s lacrosse (Corning, N.Y.)

“I am very happy with Jack’s progression and contributions so far this year. We needed a big effort to secure our first NESCAC win last weekend and Jack stepped up and delivered a great performance. Jack is a very hard worker on and off the field and it has shown so far this season.” – George McCormack, Head Coach

Lauroesch netted five of Williams’ nine goals in the men’s 9-8 win over Trinity last Saturday. He scored the second and third Williams goals in the game to put the men ahead 3-1 and added another in the third quarter to keep the came close. Lauroesch’s back-to-back goals in the fourth quarter brought the men back from an 8-6 deficit to tie the game 8-8. He leads the team in goals through three games and is shooting a blistering 43 percent on the year.