Spring Street Blues (Feb. 25 – Mar. 2)

Tuesday 2-25-14

10:27 a.m., Health Center: The  Health Center contacted Campus Safety and Security (Security) concerning a student in Schapiro Hall who called the Health Center complaining of chest pains. The student wanted to speak with the physician’s assistant. The Health Center requested an ambulance. After a search of Schapiro Hall, officers identified the caller, and EMTs spoke with her. The student signed a refusal for the ambulance transport, but a Security officer transported her to the Health Center.

9:00 p.m., Lasell Gym: There was a report of an injured student who needed transportation back to his or her dorm. The student was found lying on the floor with an ankle elevated with ice on it. The student was in serious pain, so 911 was called. The Village Ambulance responded and transported the student to NARH.

11:19 p.m., Stetson-Sawyer construction site: From Hopkins Hall Drive, officers could hear an audible fire alarm and voice message to evacuate the building in the Stetson-Sawyer construction site. Officers asked that the contact person for Consigli Construction be called and advised of the situation. Security called every contact person available on the list and left a voice message for all the contacts. Security then called 911 after no response from any of the contacts that were called. The Williamstown Fire Department responded.

Wednesday 2-26-14

9:00 a.m., Hoxsey Street: A College staff member contacted Security and requested that an ambulance be sent to Hoxsey St. near Route 2. A student was lying down on the ground, talking and not complaining of any pain. The student reported that she did not hit her head. She had slipped on the ice while walking on the sidewalk that connects Hoxsey St. to the area on the north side of the West College Lot. The student was evaluated by Village Ambulance and did not feel she needed to go to the hospital.

Saturday 3-1-14

10:18 p.m., Mission Park: There was a noise complaint reported for Dennett basement. Officers found about 15 to 20 students dancing to loud music. The officers told them about the complaint and the music was turned down.

11:19 p.m., Garfield: Officers found a group of seven or so students playing Beirut on the pool table and listening to loud music in the basement. They also found that the group had four Tupperware containers full of hard-alcohol-spiked Jell-O.

Sunday 3-2-14

12:24 a.m., Stetson-Sawyer Construction Site: While on the way through the Upper Chapel Lot, an officer noticed a section of the fencing to the Stetson-Sawyer project pushed open. Since there were no contractors around, the officer pushed the fencing closed. While traveling on Mission Park Drive in the direction of Dodd neighborhood, the officer noticed an individual with a yellow backpack in the new part of the building. They appeared to be college-aged and seemed to be taking photos with a camera phone. Several officers responded. While still on-site, officers were called away to a medical emergency elsewhere.

12:45 a.m., Goodrich: Security called 911 to come to Goodrich Hall for an intoxicated student on the second floor. Village Ambulance transported the student to NARH.

1:42 a.m., Gladden: Officers responded to a report of an intoxicated person and called 911. The student was transported to NARH via the Village Ambulance.

1:50 a.m., Fitch: There was a disturbance reported concerning a couple screaming at each other. Officers responded.

5:02 p.m., Mission Park: A fire alarm went off. Officers found a burnt popcorn odor in the kitchen near the microwave where the detector was activated. The system was reset to normal.