Spring Street Blues: Feb. 17 – 22

Monday 2-17-13

5:58 p.m., Morgan Hall, fourth floor: There was a complaint of an odor of cigarette smoke near the center of the hallway. Upon arrival, officers discerned that it was possibly marijuana smoke and contacted WPD. WPD verified there was marijuana and drug paraphernalia and issued a citation.

Tuesday 2-18-13

11:25 p.m., Paresky second floor: There was a report of a student having difficulty breathing. Someone called 911, and the student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Wednesday 2-19-14

4:21 p.m., Lawrence Drive: There was a report of a vehicle with the back window smashed out and glass all over the ground. An officer found students sweeping up the glass from the rear window of the vehicle. While attempting to load a harp into the car, the owner shut the tailgate causing the rear window to shatter. A photo of the damage was taken to document.

9:56 p.m., Bryant: There was a complaint regarding a suspicious person. A student reported that on Monday between 4 and 5 p.m., he noticed a woman between 30 and 40 years old in the B entry basement. The woman was carrying a plastic grocery type bag.  A sweep of the hallways and public areas of the building was made to no result.

Thursday 2-20-14

9:12 a.m., Southworth Schoolhouse Apartments: A visiting professor called Security for assistance after she fell on the ice.. 911 was called and a Village Ambulance transported the her to NARH.

Saturday 2-22-14

1:58 a.m., Sage Hall:  There was a call regarding a student with a cut received from falling on the ice. The student had a small gash on the side of his left eye that would need a couple of stitches.  911 was called. The Village Ambulance transported the student to NARH.

11:55 p.m., Dispatch received a call from WPD regarding a 911 call that was made to them from Fayerweather.  The caller stated that there was an unresponsive student on the second floor. The Village Ambulance had already been dispatched.  Officers responded to the situation. The Village Ambulance arrived and used a stair chair to move the student out of the building, then transported the student to NARH.