Athletes of the Week: Lacey Serletti ’16 and Ben Lin ’17

Lacey Serletti '16
Lacey Serletti ’16

Lacey Serletti ’16
Women’s track
Wynnewood, Penn.

“Lacey has a tremendous work ethic and is incredibly gracious, humble and a very hard worker. Everyone is happy for her and her outstanding performance this past weekend.” – Head Coach Nate Hoey

Serletti ran a fabulous meet this past weekend at the Div. III New England Championship, helping the women claim first place. In the 3000 meter, Serletti worked well with her teammates in a smart first half of the race before a devastating kick powered her to victory, finishing in first place with a time of 10:10.09. She also ran as part of the distance medley relay team. Serletti ran the 1600 meter leg of the relay, making up over 20 meters in the final leg to bring home a victory for the Ephs.

Ben Lin '17
Ben Lin ’17

Ben Lin ’17
Men’s swimming
Short Hills, N.J.

“Ben had a great meet this past weekend at NESCACs, both individually and as part of some really good relays. He is a great racer and I think is just starting to figure out what he is capable of doing.” – Head Coach Steve Kuster

Lin was named NESCAC Rookie of the Meet this past weekend and was recently named NESCAC Rookie of the Year. At the NESCAC Championships last weekend, Lin won the 50-yard backstroke with a meet record time of 22.70, placed second in the 100-yard backstroke and third in the 200-yard backstroke. In addition, he broke the NESCAC, pool and school records in the prelims of the 200 backstroke with a time of 1:47.25. He was also a member of the runner-up 200-yard medley relay and the third-place 400-yard medley relay.