Athletes of the Week: Lauren McCall ’17 and Duncan Robinson ’17

Lauren McCall '17
Lauren McCall ’17

Lauren McCall ’17
Women’s basketball
Natick, Mass

“Lauren played a major role in our 2 wins this past weekend. Her shooting was incredible, but she was a force on the defensive end as well. She has spent a lot of extra time in the gym and I am thrilled with her growth so far this season.” – Coach Manning

McCall came off the bench to help lead women’s basketball to victory against two NESCAC opponents last weekend. Playing against a tough Bowdoin team, she went nine for eleven shooting, hitting 6 three pointers, and scoring a total of 24 points. In a 71-54 win over Colby, McCall came off the bench once again, going seven for eleven shooting, hitting 3 three pointers, and scoring 17 points. She was named NESCAC player of the week, averaging 20.5 points, and shooting 72.7 percent from the floor.

Duncan Robinson ’17
Men’s basketball
New Castle, N.H.

Duncan Robinson '17
Duncan Robinson ’17

“Clearly, Duncan has made an immediate and substantial impact as a first year player. As impressive as his performance has been, it’s his humility, character and team first approach that has been refreshing and most impressive!” – Coach Maker

Robinson helped lead men’s basketball to victory in two crucial conference games this past weekend. In a tight game against Bowdoin, he went eight for eleven shooting, hitting 7 three pointers, totaling 24 points, and helping the Ephs defeat the then undefeated Polar Bears. In a 69-62 win over Colby, Robinson continued his dominance, shooting a perfect 9 for 9 from the floor and reaching a career high 27 points. Robinson was named NESCAC co-player of the week averaging 25.5 points per game, and shooting 85 percent from the floor.