Athletes of the Week: Kellie Macdonald ’15 and Jonathan Westling ’16

Claire Miller ’15
Kellie Macdonald ’15
Kellie Macdonald ’15
Women’s Basketball (Danvers, Mass.)

“Kellie had a tremendous opening weekend for us. She was dominant on both ends of the floor. Kellie’s versatility allows for her to be a force both inside and out. She is playing with great confidence and poise. She sets a great example for our young team.” – Pat Manning, Head Coach

Macdonald led the Ephs’ attack last weekend, scoring 35 points over the course of both games. She went eight for 13, including shooting 50 percent from beyond the three-point line, and scored 19 points against Babson. She also had seven rebounds and four assists on the day. Macdonald scored 16 points, including the first six points of the game, against Plattsburgh State on Sunday. She also had 11 rebounds, giving her a double-double. In addition, Macdonald racked up three blocks.

User Kushaina ’14
Jonathan Westling ’16
Jonathan Westling ’16
Men’s Soccer (Sudbury, Mass)

“He really stepped up his game. Jonathan has been very good all year. He’s very versatile, and this past weekend we used him in a holding midfielder role. He was the man of the match on Sunday with two goals. He just took the game into his own hands. He did everything.” – Mike Russo, Head Coach

Westling scored the men’s first and fourth goals in the 4-1 victory over Western New England on Sunday. His first strike came off a header in the 64th minute, and it leveled the score at 1-1. His second goal of the game helped punctuate the men’s win. On the day, he took six shots and was at the heart of many Eph attacks. Westling also contributed in the men’s 4-0 victory over Elms, scoring a goal in that match as well. His goal in this game also came off a header.