Athletes of the Fall

Matt Muralles ’15, Men’s Soccer

With creativity, energy and poise in the midfield, Muralles was a key player for the Ephs this season. He started 18 games and led the team in scoring with seven goals, five of which were game-winners. He also notched two assists on the season. He led the Ephs in shots taken, with 61, and in shots on target, with 21. One of his most memorable goals came against Middlebury on Oct. 1, when he hammered home the game-winner in the 87th minute after Middlebury had tied the score minutes earlier. Muralles also scored in the 81st minute against Tufts on Oct. 19 to seal a 2-1 victory. He was named to the First Team All-NESCAC for his outstanding play this season.

Alex Scyocurka ’14, Football

Scyocurka led the Ephs rushing attack this season. He rushed 155 times for a total of 506 yards, giving him an average of 3.3 yards per carry. He averaged a team-leading 63.2 yards per game on the ground and rushed for a team-high four touchdowns total throughout the season. His longest run of the season was 19 yards. Scyocurka also made an impact through his receptions. He had 16 catches for 88 yards, giving him an average of 11 yards per game. His average catch was for 5.5 yards, and he had one receiving touchdown on the season. He also led the team in all-purpose yards, with 74.2 yards per game on average.

Tori Jasuta ’17, Volleyball

Jasuta helped lead the Ephs to their first NESCAC crown since 2009 and their ninth NCAA Div. III Sweet 16 appearance in the last 20 years. She consistently contributed on both offense and defense, playing in all 112 sets the women contested this season. Jasuta racked up a team-leading 443 kills, with 3.96 kills per set, and contributed 4.6 points per set. She also had a whopping 405 digs for an average of 3.62 per set. For her performances this season, she was named both NESCAC Rookie of the Year and NESCAC Player of the Year, making her the first player ever to obtain both accomplishments in a single season.

Kaleigh Kenny ’14, Women’s Cross Country

Kenny had a standout senior season for Williams, finishing first overall for the Ephs in five of the six races in which she participated. She won the women’s home meet, the Purple Valley Invitational, in 22:19.7 and dominated the Little Three Championship meet, winning in 18:32.2. On Nov. 2, she captured the individual NESCAC title, tying the course record with a time of 21:20. Last weekend, Kenny won yet again, this time at the Div. III NCAA New England meet. Her time of 21:02.18 was eight seconds in front of the second-place finisher. For her efforts this season, Kenny was named NESCAC Most Outstanding Performer.