Spring Street Blues – Week of November 5, 2013

Thursday 10-31-13

12:45 a.m., Dodd House: Campus Safety and Security officers responded to a noise complaint and found four students playing loud music. The students were informed of the noise complaint and agreed to turn the music down.

2:36 a.m., Carter: The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) called Security to report that 911 was activated for a student in Carter with a concern for a rapid heartbeat and dizziness. Village Ambulance transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

11:06 p.m., Mark Hopkins: Officers responded to a noise complaint and found four students practicing a mid-term dance routine. The students were informed of the noise complaint and agreed to move to another location.

Friday 11-1-13

1:03 a.m., Paresky: A staff member called over the radio that two students had just entered the east door of the Paresky Center and sprayed a fire extinguisher throughout the building. They both exited through the west door. He described the two as wearing Halloween outfits. One was wearing a purple body suit, and one was wearing a snowman suit. An investigation is in progress to identify the perpetrators. Multiple staff members had to be called in for clean up, restoration and preparation of the building for occupancy before the morning. A reward is currently being offered for information leading to the identity of the responsible parties.

11:40 p.m., Garfield: Officers responded to a report of an unregistered party. Approximately 75 people in the first floor area were found with loud music playing, and officers found students drinking beer.

Saturday 11-2-13

7:04 p.m., ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Officers went to the Scene Shop Loading Dock, responding to a report of a student who had a staple from a staple gun go into the side of his finger. An officer transported the student to the Health Center.