Athletes of the Week: Emily Doll ’14 & Mohammed Rashid ’16

Claire Miller ’15
Emily Doll ’14
Emily Doll ’14
Volleyball (Villa Park, Calif.)

“Emily has had such an incredible impact on this program during her four-year career. Not only is Doll a great player, but she truly embodies what it means to be a great teammate and leader. I am so proud of Emily for her commitment and dedication to her teammates and our program.” – Christi Kelsey, Head Coach

Doll helped the women win two matches in straight sets last weekend, finishing the regular season 10-0 and earning the right to host the NESCAC tournament this weekend. Against Trinity on Friday night, Doll lead the team in both kills and digs. She recorded 12 kills, with a kill percentage of .407, and posted 15 digs. In the women’s game against Wesleyan, Doll had 11 kills and three digs. She also had a service ace, a solo block and two block assists. On the season, Doll has 251 kills and is averaging 2.82 per set. She also has 205 digs and 25 service aces.

User Kushaina ’14
Mohammed Rashid ’16
Mohammed Rashid ’16
Men’s Soccer (Accra, Ghana)

“Rashid is a fantastic player who has exquisite touch on the ball. He can receive a ball in a very tight area, get off shots quickly and beat defenders one-on-one. If he’s not scoring, he attracts the attention of opposing teams, which opens up opportunities for other players.” – Mike Russo, Head Coach

Rashid took five shots, four of which were on target, and scored twice to help the men beat Middlebury 3-2 and advance to the NESCAC semifinals. His first goal came in the 27th minute after he coolly slotted home a cross from Malcolm Moutenot ’17 to level the score at one. In the 57th minute, Rashid scored the third and winning goal for the Ephs. He perfectly controlled a lobbed through ball and needed just one more touch to power the ball just inside the left goalpost to put the men up 3-1. Rashid was named NESCAC Player of the Week for his performance.