Athletes of the Week: Kaleigh Kenny ’14 & Jeff Brewington ’14

Kaleigh Kenny '14
Kaleigh Kenny ’14
Kaleigh Kenny ’14
Women’s Cross Country (Glen Rock, N.J.)

“Kaleigh cruised Wesleyan’s course to a good time and a convincing win. She is a front-running consistent performer who can always be counted on for her best effort in championship meets, where she comes up with a long surge and huge kick to get the most out of herself.” – Pete Farwell ’73, Head Coach

Kenny finished first at the Little Three Championships at Wesleyan on Saturday. Her time of 18:32.2 led the Ephs’ charge to take the top 11 spots at the meet, the first shutout at Little Threes since 1997. Overall, the women beat out Amherst and Wesleyan for their sixth-consecutive title. Kenny finished the race with a strong final mile, running a 5:57, and came in 10 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher, Shayna Barbash ‘14.

Jeff Brewington '14
Jeff Brewington ’14
Jeff Brewington ’14
Football (Dorchester, Mass.)

“Jeff is a good player who we really think highly of. He runs good routes. One thing about Jeff is he is always going to catch the ball when it comes to him, and Saturday was just a flash of what he is capable of doing. He’s a leader on and off the field, and we rely on him week after week.” – Aaron Kelton, Head Coach

Brewington had four receptions for a team-leading 86 yards in the men’s 49-35 victory over Tufts on Saturday. Brewington set up a key drive with a 22-yard catch that ended with a rushing touchdown for the Ephs. In the drive that put the Ephs up 42-28 in the fourth quarter, he snagged a 21-yard reception that gave the Ephs a first-and-goal at the Tufts nine-yard line. Brewington averaged 21.5 yards per catch in the game, and his longest reception was 23 yards.