Spring Street Blues

Wednesday 10-02-13

10:32 p.m., Sage: An ambulance was dispatched to the area outside Sage on the Park Street side for someone with neck pain/injury. Officers were dispatched to this location. The student was experiencing severe neck pain upon movement. Village Ambulance arrived, evaluated the student, placed him in a neck brace and back-boarded the student to transport them to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH) for further evaluation.

11:58 p.m., Paresky: An electrical outlet was reported as not working in the Luetkemeyer Lounge. The outlet closest to the ping pong table was found not working. Officer placed a “Do Not Use” sign next to it, and a work order was made out to have the outlet checked by electrical trades.

Thursday 10-03-13

1:45 p.m., Poker: Security received a tip-line submission regarding an unwanted guest staying in the basement of Poker.

2:10 p.m., Paresky: A student reported a mountain bike stolen from the west side bike rack at Paresky between 1:40 p.m. and 2 p.m. The bike was not locked. A stolen article report was filled out and faxed to the Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

2:40 p.m.: A student reported an unlocked bicycle stolen sometime between last Wednesday and last Thursday from the main steps of Paresky. A stolen article report was filled out and faxed to the WPD.

8:37 p.m., Sage: Officers responded to Sage for a report of a student possibly having an allergic reaction to peanuts. Security called 911. The student may have eaten something with peanuts in it and was experiencing mild allergic reaction symptoms, slight breathing issues and throat tightening. Village Ambulance transported the student to NARH.

10:40 p.m., Mission: Security received a tip-line submission for marijuana odor. Officers checked all floors and found no odor.

Friday 10-04-13

5:31 p.m., Cole Field: Officers responded to the Cole Field area for a report of a speeding motor vehicle where a partial plate was taken. The reporter said the vehicle was speeding at about 60 miles per hour, and when she spoke to the driver, he made a rude gesture. Security searched campus for the vehicle and an investigation is in process.

Saturday 10-05-13

12:48 a.m., ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Officers responded to the front of the ’62 Center to assist a student who was not feeling well. The student complained of light headedness, shortness of breath and chest tightness, as well as pain in the left arm. Security called 911 for Village Ambulance, and the student was transported to NARH.

1:38 a.m., Tyler House: Officers responded to an intoxicated student needing assistance. Upon arrival, Security called 911, and the student was transported to NARH by Village Ambulance.

9:37 a.m., Southworth Street: A resident reported a gas odor outside the residence. Officers arrived and called 911 for a Williamstown Fire Department (WFD) response. WFD meters were used, and Berkshire Gas was called. They determined a problem with the furnace, and the heating contractor for the College was called for repair.

11:44 p.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a first-floor restroom in Paresky for an intoxicated student. An intoxicated person was sitting on the floor in vomit and being held up by another student. She was unable to answer any basic questions. Security called 911, and Village Ambulance transported the intoxicated student to NARH.

Sunday 10-6-13

12:28 a.m., Williams Hall: Security called 911 for assistance in evaluating a student. The Village Ambulance came to the scene and evaluated the situation. The student did not need to be transported to hospital.

3:35 p.m., Thompson Health Center: A student reported an unlocked bike stolen from the area of the Thompson Health Center Parking Lot on Saturday night. A statement was taken and a stolen article report was filled out. Copies of both were faxed to the WPD.

5:05 p.m., Sawyer Library: Security responded to a call to meet with the WPD Officer concerning a disturbance call and the arrest of a person with an outstanding warrant.