Athletes of the Week: Ryan Farley ’16 & Matt Muralles ’15

Ryan Farley '16
Ryan Farley ’16
Ryan Farley ’16
Volleyball (La Jolla, Calif.)

“Ryan had her best game so far this year in our match against Tufts this past Friday. She made great decisions about who should get set and at the right times based on the flow of the game. Ryan read the opposing team’s defense and created opportunities for our offense to score points.” – Christi Kelsey, Head Coach

Farley helped volleyball beat Conn. College, Tufts, and Union last week, recording 121 assists in the women’s 10 sets. Against the Camels, she amassed 39 assists over the four sets. Farley tallied 45 assists against Tufts. At Union, she had 37 assists and five serving aces. Over the 10 sets the women played, Farley averaged 12.1 assists per set. She is currently ranked 14th in Div. III in assists per set, with 10.3. As a result of her performances last week, Farley was named NESCAC Volleyball Co-Player of the Week.

Matt Muralles '15
Matt Muralles ’15
Matt Muralles ’15
Men’s Soccer (Weston, Fla.)

“He’s one of our most creative players. When he plays well, the team plays well. He creates opportunities for others. He’s able to pick apart defenses by playing very good finals passes. That’s his best attribute, his ability to penetrate opposing defenses.” – Mike Russo, Head Coach

Against Middlebury, Muralles scored the game-winning goal after Middlebury had equalized just two minutes prior. He converted an 87th minute opportunity with a powerful strike that handed the Panthers their first home loss of the season. Against Skidmore, Muralles assisted the game’s only goal. He also had a scoring chance of his own after he beat the Thoroughbreds’ keeper, but his shot was deflected off a retreating defender and ended up just wide of the net. Muralles was named NESCAC Men’s Soccer Player of the Week for his efforts.