Spring Street Blues – Week of September 25

Wednesday 9-18-13

3:09 a.m., Fayerweather: Williamstown Police Department (WPD) notified Campus Safety & Security that they were responding to a 911 call from Fayerweather. The original call bypassed Security and went to the Massachusetts State Police in Northampton. Village Ambulance transported a student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

11:40 a.m., Gladden: Security responded to a call from Safety and Environmental Compliance concerning multiple safety violations in a single room.

3:44 p.m., Jesup: Officers received a report that a student had passed out. Officers called 911, and Village Ambulance responded. The student was conscious and alert but complained of weakness. The student reported donating blood earlier that day, but did not want to go to the hospital and signed a refusal form.

Thursday 9-19-13

11:43 p.m., Carter: Officers responded to a noise complaint from the basement. They checked the basement and the rest of Carter, but did not find any disruptive noise.

Friday 9-20-13

12:11 a.m., Spencer House: Officers responded to a noise complaint. Upon arriving at the scene, officers encountered a few students on the south patio talking and playing music. Officers informed the students of the complaint, and the students turned the music off.

12:51 a.m., Agard: Security responded to a noise complaint. Upon arrival, the officer found a small group of students leaving. The officer encountered a student vomiting in a bathroom while being attended by other students. The officer activated 911. The student had been vomiting for some time. Village Ambulance arrived and transported to the student to NARH.

5:25 p.m., Hoxsey Street: Resident of Hoxsey Street faculty housing called Security about a possible theft. Upon returning home, the resident had found the front door and side garage door open. Officers checked the building and did not find anything out of the ordinary. The resident said nothing appeared to be missing either.

5:40 p.m., Torrence M. Hunt Tennis Courts: Dispatch received a noise complaint. The responding officer found a few people on the tennis courts with no music. However, the officer did hear music coming from Poker Flats. The officer advised a group of students at a nearby cookout of the two noise complaints and asked them to turn the music down or off. The students agreed to turn it off.

Saturday 9-21-13

1:46 a.m., ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Officers responded to a report of several people breaking lights in the back of the ’62 Center. Upon arrival, the officers found no one in the area, but saw three broken lights in the circle drive. Officers notified the on-call electrical tradesman to repair and cover exposed wiring.

10:28 p.m., Tyler House: Security received a noise complaint from a resident on Baxter Drive about loud music playing in the area of Tyler House.

Sunday 9-22-13

12:15 a.m., Fayerweather: Dispatch responded to a noise complaint about Fayerweather basement. Officers encountered 20 to 25 students in the basement lounge and stairwell area at the scene. Most of the students departed the area when asked to leave. A few students remained to clean up.

2:31 a.m., Carter: A fire alarm went off in Carter. The panel indicated an activated pull station in the ‘C’ entry basement.  Officers reset the pull station and the system.

11:55 a.m., Tyler Annex: A student reported a broken window to Security. Officers checked the scene and contacted the on-call architectural tradesman to secure the window for the night.