Athletes of the week: Raea Rasmussen ’15 & Jonathan Westling ’16

Raea Rasmussen ’15
Raea Rasmussen ’15
Raea Rasmussen ’15
Volleyball (New Canaan, Conn.)

“I thought Raea really stepped up for our team this past week. I think Raea is a great example of our team’s all-in mentality right now and their willingness as a group to do whatever we ask of them to help our team perform at our highest possible level.” – Christi Kelsey, Head Coach

At the Union Invitational on Friday, Rasmussen had five kills against Oneonta State, and then 10 against Cortland State In the second matchup, she recorded a team-high kill percentage of .667. On Saturday, Rasmussen had five kills and an impresive .751 kill percentage against Skidmore and 10 kills against Hartwick. As a result of her consistent performances, Rasmussen was named to the All-Tournament Team.

Jonathan Westling '16
Jonathan Westling ’16
Jonathan Westling ’16
Men’s Soccer (Sudbury, Mass.)

“He worked extremely hard during the summer months to come back fit, and I do believe that has helped him to be one of our strongest front players at the moment. He has a very positive attitude and hopefully will continue to perform well the rest of the season.” – Mike Russo, Head Coach

Westling had an extremely productive offensive week for the Ephs. He scored the men’s lone goal in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime loss to Trinity. Westling received the ball at the top of the box and fired off a beautiful shot that left the Bantams’ keeper no chance to stop it. Against Babson on Sunday, he found himself in a patch of free space down the right touchline and whipped in a cross to set up the Ephs’ second goal of the 4-2 victory.