Spring Street Blues – Week of September 11

Monday 9-2-13

2:33 a.m., Tyler lot: Campus Safety and Security received a report about a suspicious car in the lot honking its horn.

9 p.m., Wood: A student in Wood came into Security to report their bedding (full size mattress and box spring) was stolen and removed from the Prospect basement billiards room sometime between 5 p.m. on Sunday and 8:30 p.m. on Monday.

Tuesday 9-3-13

5:48 p.m., Williams Hall: Security responded to a student complaining of not feeling well after completing 20 minutes of swimming in the Chandler pool. He said he felt dizzy to the point that he almost lost consciousness. Officers responded and called 911. Village Ambulance responded and evaluated. The student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Thursday 9-5-13

7:04 p.m., Currier Quad: Security received a call for an injured student requesting assistance after rolling her ankle while walking on the sidewalk between Old Hopkins Observatory and East. She was transported to the Health Center.

Friday 9-6-13

3:10 p.m., Mark Hopkins: A noise complaint was registered but no specific area was given. Officers found several students in the common area of the ‘C’ entry on the fourth floor playing music. Though it did not seem very loud, students were asked to turn the music down because of the complaint.

3:30 p.m., Mount Hope Mansion: A fire alarm was activated. The Dining Services manager called Security and reported smoke coming from the dishwasher. Security activated 911, and the Williamstown Fire Department responded.

4:45 p.m., Poker Flats: A large group of students was playing Frisbee behind Poker on the lawn near the Cole Field area. Students were barbequing. There were bottles of hard liquor on the ground and a trash barrel with a keg inside of it. The event was not registered, and the alcohol was not permitted.

Saturday 9-7-13

4:15 p.m., ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Security received a report that a student in the dance studio was in need of medical attention. A student was experiencing dizziness, light-headedness and fainting symptoms. The student was assisted and transported to the Health Center and then to NARH.

9 p.m., Mission Park Drive: A parked Security van noted three vehicles speeding down Mission Park Drive. The vehicles all appeared to be traveling together. Another officer was in the area to stop the first vehicle near the entrance to lower Mission Lot. Officers issued all three drivers a ticket for unsafe operation and for unregistered vehicles.

Sunday 9-8-13

6:38 a.m., Tyler House: Security found that the football team had “trashed” the first floor Moose room and a student was still there causing a ruckus. There was no physical damage, but there was a general mess from what appeared to be a large party.