Athletes of the Week: Katie Wardlaw ’17 and Grant Raffel ’17

Katie Wardlaw '17
Katie Wardlaw ’17
Katie Wardlaw ’17
Women’s Soccer (San Marino, Calif.)

“Katie is a phenomenal team player. She had a great weekend, played really well and scored really important goals, but the beauty of Katie Wardlaw is that she wants to be even better next week, not for herself, but for her team.” – Michelyne Pinard, Head Coach

Wardlaw scored two goals last weekend for the Ephs, earning her the honor of NESCAC Player of the Week. With the women down 2-1 against Wheaton on Sunday, Wardlaw scored the game-tying goal off a pass from Abby Morss ’16 on the left flank. Wardlaw came up big for the Ephs the day before too, scoring the winning goal in the women’s 2-1 battle with NESCAC foe Colby.

Grant Raffel '17
Grant Raffel ’17
Grant Raffel ’17
Men’s Golf (Palo Alto, Calif.)

“As a first-year, coming in to his first collegiate tournament, he had a great performance and really led the team. He finished seventh overall, which is a nice feather in his cap.” – Josh Hillman, Head Coach

Raffel led the men’s golf team in his collegiate debut at the Bowdoin Invitational last weekend. On Day One, he shot an impressive 76, the second best score for the Ephs. The next day, he battled tough conditions to pull out an 80, leading to a two-day total of 156, a team best. His score of 156 earned him seventh place at the Invitational, just eight shots out of first place.