Athletes of the Week: Brianne Mirecki ’14 & Trey Meyer ‘13

Brianne Mirecki '14
Brianne Mirecki ’14
Brianne Mirecki ’14
Women’s Track & Field (East Lyme, Conn.)

“Brianne has become one of the program’s most versatile distance runners of all time … running one of the nation’s top 10 times in the steeplechase last weekend. She leads our women’s mid-distance and distance groups with enthusiasm, poise, joy and competitiveness.” – Pete Farwell ’73, Interim Co-Head Coach

Mirecki ran two impressive times to help the women capture fourth place at the Div. III New England Championships. She was one of only two Ephs to win a race, capturing the 3000-meter steeplechase crown. She finished the race with an impressive time of 10:47.98, more than four seconds ahead of the second-place finisher. Mirecki also ran in the Ephs’ 4×800 relay. She and her three teammates ran a time of 9:28.70 to earn them fourth place in the race and points for the team.[[clear]]

Trey Meyer ’13
Trey Meyer ’13
Trey Meyer ’13
Men’s Tennis (New Orleans, La.)

“He’s been an amazing leader. He’s always working harder than anyone else. He’s a really tough athlete. Last weekend was huge for him because he won some very big matches. It inspired the rest of the team to see their captain do so well at NESCACs.”- Dan Greenberg ’08, Head Coach

Meyer won three of his four matches at the NESCAC Championships last weekend. Against Middlebury on Saturday, he clinched the match with a three-set win at No. 1 singles. After splitting the first two sets 6-2, 6-7 (4), he crushed his Panther opponent 6-3 in the third to send the team to the finals. Against Amherst, Meyer and his doubles partner Alex Schidlovsky ’16 handily defeated their opponents 8-2 at No. 1 doubles. In singles play, Meyer fought hard to earn a 6-4, 6-3 victory and helped the Ephs win the NESCAC title.