Athletes of the Week: Emma Harrington ’15 and Kelso Stevens ’15

Emma Harrington ’15
Emma Harrington ’15
Emma Harrington ’15
Softball (Gambier, Ohio)

“Emma had a great season overall. She emerged to be a leader on our staff and continued to work on improving her game all year. Last weekend she had two wins, tossing two complete games plus one in relief.” – Kris Herman, Head Coach

Harrington was unstoppable from the pitcher’s mound last week, especially against Hamilton on Friday and Saturday. In Game One, she shut out the Continentals, pitching all seven innings while giving up only three hits. She struck out seven of the 28 batters she faced in the game. In Game Two, she faced 34 batters over seven innings and had six strikeouts. Against MCLA on Monday evening, she struck out three batters of the seven she faced to earn the save. She finished the season with a 2.66 ERA.

Kelso Stevens '15
Kelso Stevens ’15
Kelso Stevens ’15
Baseball (Cornelius, N.C.)

“He wasn’t feeling well physically, but he was able to battle through that, which was awesome. He came up with some clutch base hits to tie it up there in the ninth inning” – Bill Barrale, Head Coach

Stevens had a huge Game Two against Hamilton on Saturday afternoon. He went four for six, with a double and a steal. His single in the top of the ninth inning drove in the tying run to push the game into extra innings. In Game Three of the series, he had two singles, the first of which drove in a run. In the top of the eighth, Stevens scored a run, helping secure an 8-2 victory for the Ephs. On the season, he is batting .302, with an OBP of .315 and a slugging percentage of .358.