Athletes of the Week: Dylan Dethier ’14 and Amina Avril ’14

Dylan Dethier '14
Dylan Dethier ’14
Dylan Dethier ’14
Men’s golf (Williamstown, Mass.)

“Dylan played great all weekend. He really showed his true colors by hanging in there after a few bad breaks. He bounced back nicely and had a great finish.” – Josh Hillman, Head Coach

Dethier had a fantastic weekend, finishing second individually in the Williams Spring Invitational with a two-day total of 154. He carded the lowest score for the Ephs with a 77 on Day One, putting him in fourth place. His consistency showed through on Day Two as he matched his Day One score, shooting another 77. This score was again the lowest for the Ephs. His strong, consistent performances last weekend earned him second place in the tournament.

Amina Avril '14
Amina Avril ’14
Amina Avril ’14
Women’s track and field (Decatur, Ga.)

“Amina led the field event team to a great start in the track and field championships. When her events are early and she does well, it helps the whole team out. She performs well under pressure. The bigger the meet, the better her performance.” – Dick Farley, Interim Co-Head Coach

Avril won all of her events at the Little Three Championships on Saturday: discus, hammer and shot put. In the discus, Avril’s 37.92 meters was miles ahead of the competitions’ throws, and in the shot put, no competitor came close to her 11.52-meter throw. Avril set a Little Three record in the hammer, throwing 53.77 meters and coming within 1.5 meters of the Williams record she already holds. She was named NESCAC Women’s Field Performer of the Week.