Athletes of the Week: Nick Marks ’13 and Danny Rainer ’13

Nick Marks ’13
Men’s squash
Portland, Ore.

Nick Marks '13
Nick Marks ’13

Nick has been the most consistent player this season for the team. He has raised his level of play this season. I am thrilled that Nick ended his collegiate career in such impressive style!

-Zafi Levy ’01
Head Coach

Marks advanced the furthest of all of the Ephs competing in this year’s College Squash Association’s Individual Championships and of any Eph in the past four years. In the opening Round of 64 in the Molloy Division, Marks advanced in just three games. He came through the next two rounds in five games each, defeating Navy’s No. 1 player to advance to the quarters. Marks eventually fell to Rochester’s No. 6 player, also in five games.

Danny Rainer ’13
Women’s basketball
Marlborough, Mass.

Danny Rainer '13
Danny Rainer ’13

Danny was a force for us on both ends of the court. She had a spectacular drive in crunch time in the Rochester game that put us up five. Danny is playing her best basketball and is providing great senior leadership.

-Pat Manning
Head Coach

Rainer’s contributions on both ends of the court last weekend helped the Ephs advance to the Sweet 16 of the Div. III NCAA tournament. On Friday, Rainer posted six points and four rebounds in the women’s win over Scranton. On Saturday, her 18 points helped Williams upset Rochester. Rainer also tallied two blocks, tied for a team high of nine rebounds and posted a team high of three assists in Saturday’s victory.