Spring Street Blues: Week of February 20, 2013

Wednesday 2-13-13

9:08 a.m., ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Campus Safety and Security (Security) responded to a fire alarm ringing in the ’62 Center. The panel of the alarm read ground floor south, electrical closet G52c. Officers found no issues in the area.

Thursday 2-14-13

1:15 p.m., Mount Hope Farm:  Administrative staff from facilities reported the theft of seven wooden adirondack chairs from the cow barn at Mount Hope Farm. Each chair was valued between $800 and $1000.

4:23 p.m., Lasell Gymnasium: A local area resident reported to Security that he has been noticing money missing from his wallet in the men’s locker room in Lasell. He reported the amount stolen over time could be as much as $1000.

4:55 p.m., Lasell Gymnasium: A student reported to Security that he also had money stolen from his wallet left in his pants pocket inside an unsecured locker in the men’s locker room in Lasell.

7:40 p.m., Southworth Street: A Southworth apartment resident called Security to report the smell of gas in the lobby area. Officers advised him to activate the fire alarm using a pull station. Eventually an officer had to pull the fire alarm himself, activating 911 for a Williamstown Fire Department (WFD) response.  The WFD chief checked all areas with his meter but could not detect any odors of gas. WFD called the Berkshire Gas Company. After checking all gas lines, the technician found both boilers were leaking gas and needed to be shut down. An officer paged the on-call mechanical tradesman and Four Seasons.

11:01 p.m., Mark Hopkins: Security received a noise complaint from the third floor of Mark Hopkins B entry. Officers found seven students listening to music in the hallway on the second floor A entry. Students turned the music down after hearing the complaint.

Saturday 2-16-13

1:20 a.m., Dodd House: Security responded to a noise compliant from the third floor of Dodd House. An officer found one room playing music on the third floor at a moderate volume. The officer advised room residents of the complaint and they agreed to turn it down a little more.

10 a.m., Williams Hall: Security received a report of a student lying on the floor on the first floor of Williams Hall A entry who will not get up.  An officers responded and found the student conscious and alert. The student reported being very tired and officers took no further action.

10:32 p.m., Prospect: A noise complaint from Prospect  drew Security officers to the scene. Officers found  a birthday party in progress in the second floor common room. Officers asked the 20 students present to keep the music down.

1:13 p.m., Lasell Gymnasium: A student reported that last Tuesday sometime after 11:15 a.m. someone stole $120 in cash from a wallet in an unsecured book bag sitting on the floor between two rows of lockers of the Lasell Gymnasium women’s locker room.

9:50 p.m., Hubbell: Security received a noise complaint from Hubbell. Upon arriving on scene, officers found 12 students in a room listening to music. Officers asked them to turn the volume down and students complied.

Sunday 2-17-13

4:07 p.m., Dennett: Officers responded to a report of an odor of marijuana in Dennett.  There was no odor of marijuana found at the scene.