Athletes of the Week: Nate Robertson ’13 and Tanasia Hoffler ’13

Nate Robertson ’13
Men’s basketball
Ann Arbor, Mich.

Nate Robertson '13
Nate Robertson ’13

“Nate Robertson is a special player because he makes everyone around him better.  His leadership, competitive spirit and playmaking ability has put our program back on the national stage.”

-Mike Maker
Head Coach

Robertson had 19 points in the men’s NESCAC quarterfinal win over Bates on Saturday. He was an impressive seven for 10 in field goals, with most of his points coming from drives to the net through traffic. Robertson also went four-for-four from the line and contributed four assists in the team’s victory. His offensive leadership helped four starters score in double digits against Bates.

Tanasia Hoffler ’13
Women’s indoor track
New Haven, Conn.

Tanasia Hoffler '13
Tanasia Hoffler ’13

“Tanasia is sensational, basically. She is a great captain and an extremely hard worker. She is talented but has worked hard to get where she is. She is great at multiple events, and for her to pull off a ‘triple crown’ at as competitive a meet as this was is amazing.”

-Pete Farwell ’73
Interim Co-Head Coach

Hoffler placed first last weekend at the Div. III New England Championships in three separate individual events, which helped boost the team to their third place finish. Hoffler took first in the long jump at 5.66 meters, the triple jump at 11.88 meters and the 55-meter hurdles in a time of 8.25. Her triple jump score is ranked seventh nationally, and her hurdle time was the sixth fastest this season in Div. III competition.