Women’s squash ends regular season

Last Wednesday, No. 10 women’s squash (15-10, 6-0 in the NESCAC) traveled to Hanover, N.H., to compete against No. 8 Dartmouth. Dartmouth beat Williams 6-3 in the women’s last match of the season before Nationals. The women were scheduled to compete in the Div. III Individual Championships at Bowdoin over the weekend, but the tournament was cancelled due to weather conditions.

Three members of the team pulled off victories over their opponents in well-contested matches. Co-captain Alli Rubin ’13 won her match in five games, stopping her opponents two-game run to secure a victory. Ellie O’Neill ’15 also won in five games after losing in the first and fourth. Co-captain Laura Henry ’13 defeated her opponent in four games, only giving up her third game and finishing with a decisive win in the fourth.

“Dartmouth was a strong showing for us,” Rubin said. “The top three pulled off impressive wins against highly competitive players. We’re heading into the weekend as the No. 2 seed, and hopefully we’ll get another shot at Dartmouth in the finals. For now, we’re training hard the next couple of days before taking on NESCAC rival Bates on Friday afternoon.”

The women’s next challenge will take place over the weekend, when they will compete in Nationals at Yale. They will compete in the ‘B’ division, in which they are currently ranked No. 2.