Men’s squash falters at Dartmouth

Last Wednesday, men’s squash (14-10, 6-0 in the NESCAC) played its final regular season match against Dartmouth. After a strong start, the team was unable to maintain momentum and eventually lost 6-3.

Taylor Foehl ’14 and Michael Petrick ’16 gave the men their first two points, playing at No. 3 and No. 6, respectively. Foehl won three straight games after dropping the first to his Dartmouth opponent. Petrick battled through his first four games, winning the second and fourth games, and eked out an 11-9 victory in the fifth to win his match 3-2. The men’s third point came from tri-captain Nick Marks ’13 in a quick, three-game match.

After these three points, the match began to slip away. Tri-captain Jack Ervasti ’13 lost a tight five-game match at No. 5 after leading multiple times in the fifth game, including leads of 11-10 and 12-11. Ryan Eagan ’13 lost his match in four games, giving Dartmouth a 5-3 lead and the decisive point. Dartmouth went on to secure another point, ending the match at 6-3.

“It was a great effort by both teams,” Head Coach Zafi Levy ’01 said. “We hope to meet them again at Nationals.”

The men hope to rally from this match as they move forward to the National Championship at Yale on Feb. 22-24.