Spring Street Blues week of Feb. 6

Wednesday 1-30-13 

10 a.m., Paresky: Dining Services staff called concerning a man in the Whitmans’ dining area that seemed to be confused and disoriented, possibly exhibiting stroke-like symptoms. Dispatch activated 911. Village Ambulance arrived, and the EMTs stated that they knew the man as a local Williamstown resident. They also reported that he has a neurological disorder that causes him to be in a confused and disorientated state. He was assisted home.

2:30 p.m., Hopkins Hall Drive: A tractor-trailer truck with a long empty trailer entered Hopkins Hall Drive off Main Street instead of the construction entrance off Southworth Street. An officer assisted because there was no way to have the truck back out of the driveway. Negotiating the truck around the corner of this narrow driveway was problematic, and the grassy section near the northeast corner of Hopkins Hall was torn up. The college groundsman and the construction company site foreman were notified to assess damage.

11:13 p.m., Carter: Security received a noise complaint. Upon arrival, officers found evidence of a small gathering. The students were asked to clean up the area and to keep the noise level down.

11:51 p.m., Bryant: Security received a noise complaint for possible noise in the basement. There was nobody in the basement area. However, loud music that was coming from the third floor. Security advised the students of the noise complaint.

Thursday 1-31-13 

1:23 a.m., Bryant: Security received another noise complaint. There were four students listening to music and talking loudly. They were advised of the complaint and told that any further noise complaints would result in disciplinary action.

3:24 a.m., Thompson Hall: Security received a report of a noise outside the window of a student’s room. The outside of the building was checked, and officers didn’t see anyone.  Officers also checked inside, and no one was in the hallways. There was a high wind warning in effect, and it is possible the wind was blowing the tree branches against the windows of the building.

4:40 a.m., Bascom: A fire alarm was activated. A smoke detector had water running out of it. It appeared that the water was coming from a backed up drainpipe on the roof that was clogged with leaves and other debris. The pipe was cleared out. Buckets were placed under the light fixture and under the smoke detector to catch the water. The smoke detector was taken down. The on-call tradesmen were paged and responded. The custodians for Bascom were advised as well.

11:30 p.m., Mission Park Drive: Icy conditions resulted in a minor motor vehicle accident on Mission Park Drive near the Hollander parking lot entrance. No one was injured. Williamstown Police Department was called for assistance and an accident report.

Friday 2-1-13 

3:45 a.m., Bryant: Security received a complaint of a large party. Students in the first floor ‘B’ common room were sitting around a table listening to loud music and attempting to light a smoking device inside the building. The names of the students were taken. The music was turned off, and the students were asked to leave.

11:30 p.m., Mark Hopkins: Security received a noise complaint. There were eight students yelling and screaming at the top of their voices. They were informed of the complaint and cleared the area.

Saturday 2-2-13 

1 a.m., Paresky: Officers responded to Paresky for a report from Dining Services staff of a student vomiting in the Lutkemeyer Lounge. After an initial assessment, 911 was activated. North Adams Ambulance arrived and escorted the student to the ambulance via stretcher.

1:56 a.m., Paresky: Dining Services staff informed the officer of a student who was asleep at one of the tables in the snack bar area. Officer responded to check on the student’s welfare. The student had been vomiting and was barely coherent. 911 was activated and Village Ambulance was called to the scene. The student was able to sign a refusal for the ambulance.

12:45 p.m. Morgan: Student reported that at 6:50 a.m., he had noticed a disturbing message on the whiteboard attached to his room door.

Sunday 2-3-13 

12:14 a.m., Gladden: Security received a noise complaint. Officers found a group of 20 students listening to very loud music as well as talking very loudly. The group was advised of the complaint and turned the music down.

12:30 a.m., Sage Hall: A fire alarm rang. The cause of the alarm was burnt popcorn. The area was ventilated and system reset.

12:37 a.m., Gladden: Security received a noise complaint. Upon arrival Officers did not hear any noise. Upon entering the room, the students were dispersing for the night, no alcohol was present and they had picked up everything.

3:41 a.m., Mission Park: Student woke up and found her door open with a male student lying on the floor passed out. The male was intoxicated, incoherent and confused. 911 was activated for Village Ambulance.

8:41 p.m., Pratt: Security received a report of a student not breathing. 911 was activated. A WPD officer also assisted and administered oxygen while waiting for Village Ambulance, which arrived and transported the student to the hospital.