Spring Street Blues: Week of January 16, 2012

Monday, 1-7-13

2:07 p.m., Sawyer: Library staff reported an elderly man in the lobby area of the building who appeared to be confused and out of sorts. Officers responded and assisted.

7:32 p.m., Southworth apartments: Campus Safety and Security received a report of an odor of gas on the first floor. 911 was activated. Williamstown Fire Department, the on call Mechanical Tradesman and Berkshire Gas Company responded.

Tuesday 1-8-13

10:20 p.m., Carter: Security received a report of a party in Carter on the fourth floor A entry. Approximately 25 students in the A entry fourth floor were found playing beer pong. They were advised of the complaint and asked to clean up.

10:50 p.m., Carter: Security received a second noise complaint. Officers responded and found the same group of students as before just listening to loud music. The music was turned off and they all left the area.

11:38 p.m., Mark Hopkins: Someone called in a noise complaint. Upon arrival several students were leaving and the few present were cleaning up. They stated that they were leaving for the night.

11:58 p.m., Bryant: Security received a noise complaint. Approximately eight students celebrating a birthday party were informed of the noise complaint. They cooperated and agreed to quiet down.

Wednesday, 1-9-13

11:50 p.m., Carter: Someone called in a noise complaint. Officers found the area all clear of students, but found a table set up for Beirut, and plenty of empty bottles and beer cans.

Thursday, 1-10-13

12:11 a.m. Brooks: Security responded to a noise complaint. Officers found a party with very loud music in the living room area. Officers had the music shut down.

Saturday, 1-12-13

12:10 a.m., Paresky: Security responded to a report of a highly intoxicated student in need of assistance. Officers found other students carrying the intoxicated student. The student’s speech was slurred and he seemed confused. Upon questioning he became uncooperative. 911 was activated. Village Ambulance evaluated and transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

3:47 p.m., Lasell: A student reported a theft concerning a large amount of cash taken from a wallet that was in a bag in an unlocked locker in the women’s locker room in Lasell. A statement form and a Stolen Article Report was taken and shared with the Williamstown Police Department (WPD).

10:11 p.m., Mission: A fire alarm went off. The alarm was caused by a hair straightener. The system was reset.

Sunday, 1-13-13

12:06 a.m., Wood: A noise complaint was submitted through the tip line. Officers went into the basement and found a small gathering with loud music playing. The music was turned off and the group dispersed.

12:47 a.m., Williams Hall: Security responded to a report of an intoxicated first-year student. 911 was activated and the student was transported to NARH via Village Ambulance.

1:40 p.m., Williams Hall: A student came to Security to report a large amount of cash stolen from an unlocked room sometime between 8:30 p.m. on Saturday and 1:00 a.m. on Sunday. A statement and a Stolen Article Report was filled out and faxed to WPD.

7:03 p.m., Dispatch received a call from a student stating that they saw a person that they believed to be a student carrying a large hammer and acting suspicious near Rice and Jenness House. The caller also said that people were in the basement of Jenness House. Officers arrived and found nobody in the area. They checked inside Jenness House and found nobody there either. Officers asked students inside of Hardy House if they had seen anyone carrying a large hammer or acting suspicious, and they said no. Students inside Rice House were also asked they had seen anyone carrying a large hammer. One student laughed and said he knew of a student that plays the game KAOS and used a large paper hammer to play it. He said it was nothing to worry about.

10:07 p.m., Lehman: Officers responded to a report of a student with glass in her eye. Officer asked Dispatch to activate 911. Student was taken to NARH by Village Ambulance for medical assistance.