Spring Street Blues: Week of Nov. 1, 2012

Thursday 11-1-12

9:35 a.m., Weston Lot: A College staff member reported that his vehicle was hit in the parking lot on Wednesday. The damage was documented.

12:55 p.m., Perry: A custodian reported a raccoon behind Perry. The raccoon was followed and went under a storage shed by 16 Chapin Court, which is almost directly behind the building. Williamstown Police Department was notified, and an animal control officer arrived on scene.

8:50 p.m.: A Security officer received information that a person posted from campus was seen on campus. Director of Security Dave Boyer was contacted in regard to the posted individual. Boyer confirmed the individual is posted from campus and had been sent an official letter in the mail. Boyer called back reporting that he had spoken with the subject and reminded him that he was posted, that he is not allowed to be on campus and that should he be discovered on campus, he would be arrested for trespassing immediately.

8:55 p.m., Renzie Lamb Field: Security received a report of an injured student. The student’s hand was injured when he hit another player’s cleats while playing soccer. An officer transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

Friday 11-2-12

11:25 a.m., Thompson: A student reported that sometime between Wednesday and Friday someone had broken the doorframe of his room. They did not enter his room, and nothing was taken. The interior doorframe was cracked, and the door latch was loose. Dispatch notified a carpenter to come to this room as soon as possible to fix the door.

9:33 p.m., Dodd House: An officer noticed a large group entering Dodd House and called for assistance to potentially break up a large group at an illegal event. Officers entered Dodd House and noticed at least 200 students watching a comedy sketch performance in the living room. The Office of Student Life staff was contacted and verified that Student Life had previously canceled this event for not having its paperwork submitted by the appropriate deadline. There were no crowd control managers, and the fire capacity of Dodd Living Room had already been exceeded. The event was shut down, and the crowd was asked to depart the building. They did so, but regrouped outside and held the event on Dodd lawn.

Saturday 11-3-12

1:45 a.m., Currier: Officers responded to a noise complaint for the first floor of Currier. Officers found residents playing computer games and listening to very loud music. They were advised of the complaint and turned the music down.

10:07 a.m., Bryant: Security received a request to check on a group of people in the first floor kitchen area. Fifteen Bryant residents were in the area, cooking breakfast and listening to music. There were no issues at the time. They were asked to keep the volume of the music at a reasonable level and clean up kitchen area when they were done.

1:23 p.m., Weston Field: An officer responded to a student having difficulty walking. The student had fallen to the ground and could not stand on her own. As the officer was talking to her, the student briefly lost consciousness. The officer activated 911, and Village Ambulance transported the student to NARH.

3:36 p.m., Weston Field: A toddler fell from the top bleacher to the ground. Security activated 911. All Village Ambulances were busy, but North Adams Ambulance responded and transported both the child and mother to the hospital.

9:37 p.m., Currier: Dispatch received a noise complaint from a student on the third floor of Currier. Officers arrived and found remnants of a small party in the third-floor north common area. However, no one was  present in the common room.

10:32 p.m., Wood House: Officers stopped at Wood House because there appeared to be a large unregistered party in progress. There were approximately 100 to 125 people in the building. A good portion of the crowd appeared to be alumni. The crowd was asked to clean up and leave.

10:50 p.m., Spencer House: Officers broke up a small unregistered party in the basement.

11:38 p.m., Tyler: Security found evidence of a gathering in the Moose Room with at least six empty 30s of beer, an empty 18-case of beer and an empty two-liter bottle of Grey Goose vodka.

11:50 p.m., Wood House: Security returned for a report of an illegal party that had started back up that had been previously broken up. When officers arrived, most of the gathering had departed.

Sunday 11-4-12

12:26 a.m., Agard: While officers were checking on a light bulb, a group of unclothed students walked into the building. Some of the students were shirtless, and some were wearing bras and panties. The students were told to put their clothes on and vacate the area.

3:16 a.m., Mission: Security received a report from the first-floor common room of a student who had passed out in the hallway. The student stated he had not been drinking. Village Ambulance was notified and responded.

1:08 p.m., 40 Southworth Street: A fire alarm went off in the downstairs apartment. The detector outside the bathroom was activated due to steam from the shower. The alarm was reset.