Athletes of the Week: Georgiana Salant ’14 and Trey Meyer ’14

Claire Miller ’15
Georgiana Salant ’14
Georgiana Salant ’14
Women’s golf (Encinitas, Calif.)

“Georgiana’s level of play has reached new heights this season. The past three weekends have displayed her immense talent and, more importantly, her mental toughness. She has proven to be the strongest competitor in New England and I am confident she will continue to shine nationally.” – Erika DeSanty, Head Coach.

Salant led the Ephs to victory last weekend at the Ann S. Batchelder Invitational after shooting a par 72 on Sunday for a total of 148 strokes. The junior marked her third consecutive individual title this season, finishing four strokes ahead of Mount Holyoke’s Madi Mendiola. Salant’s strong performances were essential to the team completing the fall season undefeated for the second consecutive year.

User Kushaina ’14
Trey Meyer ’13
Trey Meyer ’13
Men’s Tennis (New Orleans, La.)

“Trey really dug in this fall. He’s had bad tendonitis in his ankle but fought through every match, and it’s that competitive drive and tenacity that makes him a great leader – and enables him to win fall nationals two years in a row. He’s really earned all his success.” – Mike Russo, Head Coach

The men’s top doubles team of Meyer and Matt Micheli ’14 won the Div. III doubles title at the USTA/ITA National Small College Championships last weekend in Mobile, Ala., marking the second year in a row Meyer has won this title. The duo of Meyer and Micheli finished the fall season with a 9-1 record and will remain the Ephs top pair heading into the spring season.