Spring Street Blues: Week of October 3, 2012

Wednesday 9-26-12

9 p.m., Morgan: Students reported a strange middle-aged man hanging around the Spring Street entrance waving and saying hello to everyone. Officers checked the exterior and interior of the basement and did not find any individual in the area.

Thursday 9-27-12

8:50 a.m., Center for Development Economics: Someone bumped into the pull station on the second floor, and the fire alarm sounded. The pull station was reset, and the fire panel was silenced.

12:45 p.m., Williams Hall: A theft report was filed for an unattended laptop left in a common room.

5:26 p.m., Poker Flats: A student outside of Poker Flats was found asking for assistance for another student, who had been injured outside of Poker during frisbee practice.  The injured student was transported to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

5:35 p.m., Cole Field: A student hurt their knee and required transport to the Health Center.

Friday 9-28-12

12:19 a.m., Tyler House: Campus Safety and Security responded to a noise complaint.

6:01 p.m., Cole Field House: A fire alarm sounded. Several students and staff remained in the building and had to be evacuated before officers could check for the source and reset alarm.

10:20 p.m., Sage: A fire alarm was set off. The smoke detector had been activated by burnt popcorn in the microwave.

11:25 p.m., Mark Hopkins: Security responded to a complaint of excessive noise coming from the third floor ‘B’ entry.

Saturday 9-29-12

12:11 a.m., Spencer House: Security received a call reporting an intoxicated male acting strangely.

3:40 a.m., 100 Hoxsey Street: Williamstown Police Department (WPD) called and requested that a Security officer meet them at 100 Hoxsey Street. Upon arrival, WPD informed Security that they had arrested an unidentified male who walked into Apartment Two through an unlocked door and fell asleep on the couch.

5:21 a.m., Mission Park: A 911 call was made for an ill student, who was transported to NARH by Village Ambulance.

1:14 p.m., Taconic Golf Course Parking Lot: A person was reported to be possibly choking. Officers responded and a 911 call was made. Village Ambulance transported the individual to NARH.

2:55 p.m., Sawyer: A student filed a theft report for a missing wallet.

10:50 p.m., Brooks: Security found 12 students playing Beirut in Brooks basement. The game was broken up, and students were asked to clean up the area and disperse.

Sunday 9-30-12

1:47 a.m. Bryant: Officers responded to a report of a verbal altercation.

12:55 a.m., Sage: Assistance was requested concerning a person who was intoxicated and vomiting.

10:15 p.m., Mission Park: A fire alarm was sounded, and was found to having been caused from birthday candles on a cake.