Athletes of the Week Emily Doll ’14 and Patrick Ebobisse ’13

Emily Doll '14
Emily Doll ’14
Emily Doll ’14
Volleyball (Villa Park, Calif.)

“Emily has really stepped up her play this season and has had a significant impact on our team both on the court and off it as well. She … really set the tone for us this year with [her] leadership and [her] work ethic each and every day of our season thus far.” – Christi Kelsey, Head Coach

The junior co-captain put forth a remarkable effort last week, helping volleyball over Bates on Wednesday and Colby on Friday. Doll had impressive performances at the net, posting nine kills against Bates and eight kills against Colby. She was also successful on defense, recording seven digs against Bates and five versus Colby. With the last two victories, the Ephs now have four conference wins for a record of 9-5 and 4-1 in the NESCAC.

Patrick Ebobisse '13
Patrick Ebobisse ’13
Patrick Ebobisse ’13
Men’s Soccer (Bethesda, Md.)

“Patrick stepped up in practice and during the match to provide tremendous leadership. During the week of practice, he exhibited a tremendous work ethic while encouraging his teammates to work and compete hard in everything they did that week.” – Mike Russo, Head Coach

Ebobisse played a key role in the men’s victory over Utica on Wednesday. With the two captains out of the game, Ebobisse stepped in as acting captain and provided incredible enthusiasm and leadership throughout 90 minutes of tough, scoreless play. In overtime, Ebobisse’s first goal of the year propelled the Ephs to a dramatic 1-0 victory over the Pioneers. The victory lifted the men to an undefeated 6-0-1 record.