Athletes of the Week: Ariana Spiliotes ’14 and Adam Marske’ 14

Ariana Spiliotes ’14
Ariana Spiliotes ’14
Ariana Spiliotes ’14
Field Hockey (Bethesda, Md.)

“Arianna is an extremely talented goalkeeper. She is quick, agile, focused and poised under pressure. She is a calm force to the defense. Ariana is one of the hardest workers I have ever coached. She is very demanding of herself and a pleasure to coach!” – Alix Barrale ’93, Head Coach

Netminder Ariana Spiliotes ’14 put forth a remarkable effort as field hockey shut out conference rival Conn. College 3-0 in emphatic fashion on Sunday.  Spiliotes held fast despite pressure from a tough Camel offense that forced 16 shots on goal. The keeper notched five saves throughout the game and allowed the Ephs’ offense breathing space to score three unanswered goals. The Ephs improved to 3-2 on the season.

Adam Marske '14
Adam Marske ’14
Adam Marske ’14
Football (LaGrange, Ill.)

“Adam’s biggest accomplishment is his great mastery of the offense. This year he is really commanding the huddle. He’s stepped up as a leader on the team. As for execution, he’s been on point. He knows what everyone else needs to do on offense in addition to what he needs to do.” – Peter Christiani ’13, Tri-captain

Quarterback Adam Marske ’14 led Williams to a 41-7 victory over conference foe Colby on Saturday. Marske connected on 22 of 27 passes, amassing a remarkable 81 percent completion percentage. Marske orchestrated an explosive Eph passing offense, throwing for a total of 277 yards. Marske also recorded three touchdown passes on the day, including a 25-yard strike to wide receiver and tri-captain Darren Hartwell ’13 on the second play from scrimmage.